Home Non Cigar Related

Did you know ?!

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
That Google is not actually a search engine. But actually the largest research company in the world. And everytime you google something it goes into a file with every bit of info on you that is available along with your picture and a pic of your residence. And of course all of this info is for sale. Food for thought huh.

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    How do you know this? When I googled it, I could not find any info on this...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    A call in radio show I was listening to spent a whole segment on it one day. It was very interesting. Since people don't want to actually give out their info freely to research companies someone figured out how to get it without you being aware. And once you on Google they track every link you look at to see what you are looking up. And if you actually used google to look this up I wouldn't imagine you'll get any where on it. It's not something they want you to know. But there are programs you can buy to keep them and others from tracking what you look at.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Rhamlin:
    And if you actually used google to look this up I wouldn't imagine you'll get any where on it.
    No, I didn’t actually try to google anything about this. I was just being an ironic smart @$$. It is interesting in deed and I wouldn’t be surprised by any of it. Laity all google is going to get from me is lots of cigar research and that might be good for all of us here.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Sorry, but this is a myth. It's a browser, through the use of cookies, that allows your linking activity to be collected by web sites and used to serve up targeted ads and other content. This will happen whether you use Google or not. Simply use of the Google search engine will not give Google your name or your home address (although it can give them your IP address) or other personal information. Now, if you're logged into a Google account (such as gmail) and have provided them with this information when you signed up, that's another story, which is why if you have gmail you should always log out of that account if you want your browsing activity kept relatively confidential Believe me, I'm no fan of the Google maps and its other ways of robbing even non-web-users of their privacy, but this idea of random google searches giving your personal information to Google is just misinformation.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Rhamlin:
    Google is not actually a search engine.
    Of course it's a search engine. And a very useful one at that. And free. And ubiquitous.
    Rhamlin:
    But actually the largest research company in the world. ...And of course all of this info is for sale.
    Which is how they support their gigantic enterprise.

How would you pay for the enormous effort required?