Home Non Cigar Related

saying goodbye to my harley.

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
It looks like tonight might be my last ride on my baby.
Certain circumstances have led me to make the decision to let it go.
I will sorely miss this bike, but it is what it is.
It's possible that everything will fall through, but not likely.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Aw, man, that's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that circumstances have forced you to part with something you love but I guess that's part of life. You're a stand-up guy to be able to make the decision to do this. Some guys would avoid such a decision to their ultimate detriment.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    My condolence's. Always remember the good times
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    She's a beauty, Tony! Saying a prayer that circumstances will change and you'll be able to keep her.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I miss mine too.... :( hope things are going ok otherwise my friend.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    That's a bummer. As My boys get older, and free time disappears, I find myself parting with some toys as well. There is always retirement ;)
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    The problem is, they cost too much. If you were to ride a $1,200 beater rice burner, then you would be able to say: "I'd get next to nothing for it. I get 50 mpg. Insurance costs next to nothing. I ride it every day to work. I can't afford to sell it."

Go that way. Get yourself a UJM, or a dual sport, or a faux hog, you still have your legs in the wind but you aren't out much at all. That's been my method all along. I been through medical bankruptcy and still kept my ride. You can even turn beemerista, score an old K75 with the smoothest most rock solid bike motor ever made for a couple grand, outperforms that Harley in every single category except resale. Pick up something some old fart left parked twelve years needs brought back to life, ride it, and make a couple bucks flipping it. Loads of ways to keep on riding. Course, the flip side is, with a serviceable beater you'd look silly dressed up like a pirate.

Me, I could not live without a bike.

Once circumstances improve, your next hog will be that much nicer. But you know what? I bet you will look back wistfully at those beaters you had so much fun riding and wrenching.

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Nice ride, for sure. Can't say it better than Webmost did, so I won't.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    cant say ive ever said goodbye to a harley.... but i have said goodbye to a few cars that I cried for hours over when they left. I can relate to the feeling. Its rough...

Aj
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 155
    As a gearhead and car lover, I feel your pain.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    I love the rims on that machine! I hope you can work out how to keep it.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    That sucks Tony. Once you get everything back on track, you will be enjoying a new bike.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I feel for ya my man. Sometimes giving up a bike or car can seem like a little loss of yourself. I felt that way when I sold my race car. Hopefully you'll get another real soon.