Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A stroll into the past...

StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
...where will it lead us?

Thomas, son of John and Rebecca did not grow up there.

I dare not walk this path alone.

Comments

• StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    Even though "Rebecca" is not there, she can still be seen waving in the area.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    I'm lost...what's it from??
    "Local history" John introduced tobacco as the first successful cash crop in the early 1600's. He also imported a mild strain of tobacco from Trinidad that helped make the area prosper.
    An Indian trail marked by three notches carved in trees located at intervals along the path is now a road in this area.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    I wonder if anyone from the forum is from Henrinco County? Anyone? Anyone?
    Pocahontas’ name after her conversion to Christianity was Rebecca. She and John Rolfe had a son, Thomas.

After growing up in England with his paternal grandparents, Thomas returned to Virginia, where he became a militia officer and commanded a frontier fort in western Henrico.

After her capture by English settlers and subsequent marriage to John Rolfe in 1614, Pocahontas lived part of her life in what is currently Henrico’s Varina district. Her image today graces the Henrico seal and flag. At the end of a trip to England in 1617, Pocahontas fell ill and died at Gravesend, England, where she is buried.

John Rolfe introduced tobacco as the first successful cash crop in the New World at Henricus in 1612. That same year, John Rolfe imported a mild strain of tobacco from Trinidad that helped make the Virginia colony prosper.

Three Chopt Road began as an Indian trail marked by three notches carved in trees located at intervals along the ancient path.

http://www.co.henrico.va.us/pr/fast-facts-about-henrico/

I'm not alone in this venture....stay tuned. 9114901230803275813467