Home Cigar 101

Aging maduros

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
Why do some places say they will not age? I understand that they have gone through a crazier formentation process but that's just the wrapper. What about binder and filler?? IMO since maduros are sweeter they are usually blended a bit stronger...this too me means age them! Maybe it's just me but I find it funny when reading all these different artichles on cigars how so many are plagerized. I really wish people would think before hitting the publish button since a lot of newer people will not know any different. Ok my rant is over for now but I'm sure I'll start another one in the near future

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i age them. ver things are as enjoyable than a Camacho Diploma Maduro with 5+ years on them.

those oils can and will still marry.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    The old MX2s definitely got better with age. Maybe the process is slower or something, not exactly sure, but age does affect maduros.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Have to agree with you. All of the 5 Vegas Maduros I have bought or was given have improved with some box time. Some showed a dramatic change, and I now let them all rest from 1 to 6 months. I think that some will even hit the 1 year mark. So, IMHO, age on.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Yeah I'm not sure why any artichle would say not to age them! To me they age just fine
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Hmm, never heard that. I can think of a million maduros that are better with age... Camacho triple, definitely the 5V As, Jaime Garcia, pardons...
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    The A. Turrent Triple Play Maduros I bought have improved mightily with 6 months age... they were moist on arrival and the first one I tried was hard to keep lit. But I guess that'd be called resting time as opposed to aging... right??