Home Non Cigar Related

Laptops and Mountain Dew...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
...are not a good combination. Had a bottle leak in the car last week and soak the bottom of my briefcase/computer bag. Today, a dark line snaked its way down through the monitor wiping out all the pixels on the left side of the screen. Cost to repair equals cost of new machine, so there goes the ol' cigar budget for a few months. $#%#!!

Comments

• bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Damn that sucks man! Funny you said this though I had the exact same combination a few years ago. Mine wasn't anywhere near as bad as yours. I just had it spill on the keyboard.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Dang Doug, that sucks. I had an intern who dumped coffee on her laptop two hours into her first day, she almost threw up she was so scared to tell me.
  • BrianakBrianak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 227
    What model laptop? If it's a dell latitude I may have a spare.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Dougie....you know if you lack at all in the cigar dept.......call the Shizz
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Puff_Dougie:
    ...are not a good combination. Had a bottle leak in the car last week and soak the bottom of my briefcase/computer bag. Today, a dark line snaked its way down through the monitor wiping out all the pixels on the left side of the screen. Cost to repair equals cost of new machine, so there goes the ol' cigar budget for a few months. $#%#!!

That sucks, would think all the caffeine in MD it would have sped up your clock speed. At least you get a new computer though.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Brianak:
    What model laptop? If it's a dell latitude I may have a spare.
    It was a Lenovo, may it rest in peace.
    Bigshizza:
    Dougie....you know if you lack at all in the cigar dept.......call the Shizz
    You are a kind man, Jim. I'm fine for smokes... just hate unexpected expenses. Keep wanting to step up my game and be like you, then "poof" goes the budget. :^/
    The3Stogies:
    That sucks, would think all the caffeine in MD it would have sped up your clock speed. At least you get a new computer though.
    Haha! Wish it worked that way! New computer is pretty cool, tho.