Home Non Cigar Related

Ha HAA.. Finally...FINALLY...

jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
I'll try to keep the back-story short. My surgery was on 2/11/13. For doctors I have my primary care provider, cardiologist, oncologist, gastroenterologist, surgeon, and a VA primary care dr. That's six doctors if I've counted correctly. As for me, I'm an 'in your face' kinda guy.

I have a little game I've been playing with these doctors ever since I received a ball cap in the mail that says on it "Cohiba Behike" in fairly prominent letters. I received it around Christmastime, if I recall correctly. I've made it a point to wear this cap to every doctor appointment since then just to see which, if any, doctor will ask about it or it's significance. Until today not a one of them mentioned it or asked about it but you know damned well at least a couple of them know what a Cohiba is. Today my surgeon asked "What's this about a Cohiba Behike" and he even pronounced Behike correctly. Then he told me he's smoked a few of them.

At least he's not a hypocrite and he proved my point, more or less. The point being that when a doctor asks if you smoke, 99% of the time they're referring to cigarettes. My standard answer when asked if I smoke is "I gave up cigarettes in 1994". I've never had a doctor say "What about a pipe or cigars?"

I've had a bit of fun with this. Just thought some of you might find it interesting or comical or both.

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    So... how do you pronounce "Behike"??
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Puff_Dougie:

Well, my surgeon and I both pronounce it "Beh-hee-kay". How do you pronounce it?
    I forgot to say that the emphasis is on "hee"......
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    jlmarta:
    Puff_Dougie:

Well, my surgeon and I both pronounce it "Beh-hee-kay". How do you pronounce it?
    Exactly how I've heard it, Marty. Buh-HEE-kay or something close. I bet most doctors have smoked at least a few cigars. Hell, I was at a hotel for a small economics conference which shared the hotel with a large dental conference. A few international m.d.'s borrowed my lighter to light up an arturo fuente while I was smoking outside (in warm march weather in florida!)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    jlmarta:
    Puff_Dougie:

The same way... I figured it sounded better than BEE Hike. :^)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Puff_Dougie:
    jlmarta:
    Puff_Dougie:

Bee hicky
    Gray4lines:
    Puff_Dougie:
    jlmarta:
    Puff_Dougie:

Bee hicky

Ha hahaha. I like Bee hicky..... LOL