Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    For ya'll that like a good stout, keep an eye out for this beauty...

Old Engine Oil will blow your mind!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Puff_Dougie:
    For ya'll that like a good stout, keep an eye out for this beauty...

Old Engine Oil will blow your mind!
    I just want the friggin bottle. That is cool as hell!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    perkinke:
    I love the Old Rasputin. There's a bar that sells cigars in La Mesa and they have this on tap. It's usually between 9-13%. Good times.
    Dougie, PM to ya.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    0patience:
    Dougie, PM to ya.
    Back atcha.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    love dark/amber's, my everyday store beer is "Negra Modelo", some of my favorites when I go out, is BJ's Brewhouse "Jeremiah Red" & "Tatonka Stout"-you can buy 6 packs from them to take home also, I've also had a great red in Vegas from Sin City Brewing CO. called "Sin City Amber"
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    perkinke:
    Have you had the barrel aged? Damn good
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    JSaint:
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone Punishment? Im a stone whore and havent found that. You had Double Ba$tard?
    Oh yes. I have a 4 yr vertical that I will be opening on the 3rd with some friends. And if you don't like spicy anything do not search for that beer lol. It's aged Double *** with some of the hottest chilies available. Insane. Crime I think was a bit better but they were both intense.
    I had all the punishment beers, and wasn't a fan. I like ba$tard a little but drain poured double. Seems like stone just doesn't like me, most of the stuff I've had I don't dig. I do like the vanilla Porter though.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    phobicsquirrel:
    JSaint:
    Jetmech_63:
    Stone Punishment? Im a stone whore and havent found that. You had Double Ba$tard?
    Oh yes. I have a 4 yr vertical that I will be opening on the 3rd with some friends. And if you don't like spicy anything do not search for that beer lol. It's aged Double *** with some of the hottest chilies available. Insane. Crime I think was a bit better but they were both intense.
    I had all the punishment beers, and wasn't a fan. I like ba$tard a little but drain poured double. Seems like stone just doesn't like me, most of the stuff I've had I don't dig. I do like the vanilla Porter though.
    Fresh ruination is one of my favorite beers in the world. But I'd rather have an amazing sour lol.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    james40:
    perkinke:
    I love the Old Rasputin. There's a bar that sells cigars in La Mesa and they have this on tap. It's usually between 9-13%. Good times.
    A friend of mine introduced me to russian imperial stouts in college and I love them, sadly this is about the only decent one I can find around here. On tap though? That would be awesome.

Phoebic, I think I have had the barrel aged, if I remember right pretty high in alc but damn tasty.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Mmm Labatt & hockey
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Whats your favorite Avery brew? I havent had any, so looking for reccomendations.
  • JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
    I'm not quite a fan but definitely love to try new things. With my new venture in cigars I'd also like to take a venture into beers. Both Domestic and Import. What suggestions do you have to start. Would like to essentially start a list of beers that I would like to keep stocked in fridge.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    JMartinez10:
    I'm not quite a fan but definitely love to try new things. With my new venture in cigars I'd also like to take a venture into beers. Both Domestic and Import. What suggestions do you have to start. Would like to essentially start a list of beers that I would like to keep stocked in fridge.
    Budweiser sucks. Here we have limited choices...Goose Neck....Blue Moon...Murphy s Stout...and a few others. Be adventurous and try a few, but skip the typical and boring been around forever American standards.
    roland_7707:
    Whats your favorite Avery brew? I havent had any, so looking for reccomendations.
    Depends what you like. Most of their stuff is great. Also if you have the patience their golden and quad are fantastic after some age.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    At my local watering hole, drinking a couple Michigan beers. Right Brain Naughty Girl Stout and Hideout Bacon Stout!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    JSaint:
    roland_7707:
    Depends what you like. Most of their stuff is great. Also if you have the patience their golden and quad are fantastic after some age.
    thanks. Im trying to break into stouts, just need the time, and funds. But their stout looks cool, and good.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Just now picked these up.
    photo 00F16D6A-orig.jpg
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I've had both this year, Daniel. If you're a fan of big, boozy beer and lots of Bourbon character, you're in for a few treats there. This year's BC was very chocolatey. A bit sweeter in bottle than on tap but stellar none the less. The Barleywine was really nice as well. Again, a big, heavy, sweet, boozy sipper.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 155
    Let me say I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Colorado... a ton of craft beer everywhere you look! Better yet, tax free at the BX! I shouldn't mix anything with my Percocet, so I've been dry for a couple weeks now, but I've got this sitting in my fridge waiting for me:

edit: Picture won't work. Ive got a couple Easy Street Wheat, a tommyknockers wheat, and some delicious Hoffbrau Munich Original
    Just went to the local place picked up a 6er of Hopslam and a bomber of Permanent Funeral from FFF.
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Hugemoose:
    Yuengling Lager

Enough Said.
    That's what im talkin about!!
    You've not lived until you've tried a REAL beer like this one.
    The older guys will know what this is.
    You younger guys can scratch your head for a while. ROFL!

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Funny.. I drank a few of those " Generic" beers. back in the day when that was the money saving craze on everything. When was that , when Carter was president ?
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    the only difference was the ones I had in college the "BEER" was in red. But at 2 bucks a case who can complain?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Last bottle :(Untitled Still delicious though!!!!
    SleevePlz:
    Last bottle :(Untitled Still delicious though!!!!
    Oh man. I loved that beer.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Daniel, where di you get that bourbon county?
    Jetmech_63:
    Daniel, where di you get that bourbon county?
    from the freakin mafia. I went through some ish to get those lol.