Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Reviving an old game

ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
Not long after I joined the forum I participated in a game called The Curse of the Black Spot, which was started by oldsoulrevival. I'm pretty sure everyone who played had a good time. I've contacted oldsoulrevival about resurrecting the game but haven't gotten a reply for several months. That being said, who would be interested in starting this up again? With the Gang War taking place, I think it would be easier to wait until that particular carnage has died down. I'm just gauging interest at this time.
Herr is a link to the original game so you can get an idea of how it's played.
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/441836.aspx

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    That was such a good game! And oldsoul was a great BOTL, I wonder what happened to that guy. I'm definitely down to play again!
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    Depending on the start date I think I'm in.

I'll be gone in the very beginning of August and the very end of August.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Sounds like fun, I'm in.

On a side note, I like that we have more games starting up, the place has been getting a bit serious lately. :)
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Thanks, guys!
    Since we have a few members who will be busy in the next few months, I'm thinking we'll kick this off around the first of September. That should give the repercussions from the Gang War to die down.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Sounds interesting,count me in!
    Toombes:
    Thanks, guys!
    Since we have a few members who will be busy in the next few months, I'm thinking we'll kick this off around the first of September. That should give the repercussions from the Gang War to die down.
    In that case I'm in for sure.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    In like sin! Aye me matey's the curse o the black spot is scary to be sure, but fear not! A pirate's life shall be preserved with a bomb of our cigARRRRRRRRRRs.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I'd be obviously in. I love cursing people.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    I'm in when you get it going.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    I would be in on this, depending on my travel plans later in the year.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    After reading the old thread I thought of some possible suggestions for the game. Ignore these if you want, just thought I would throw them out there.

1. It would be cool if we could obtain the original black spot piece of paper! Sounds like this might be difficult if Oldsoulrevival is not responding. But it would be really cursed by now!

2. A single cigar could be sent forward with the curse letter/black spot. The recipient would have to smoke said cigar within a short timespan, e.g. 24 or 48hrs. as well as send the sacrificial offering (5 cigars) back. The single cigar could be from the recipients wish list (or maybe better, the dislikes list!)

3. We've got to get coffin boxes in there somehow! :)
    Chemnitz:
    After reading the old thread I thought of some possible suggestions for the game. Ignore these if you want, just thought I would throw them out there.

1. It would be cool if we could obtain the original black spot piece of paper! Sounds like this might be difficult if Oldsoulrevival is not responding. But it would be really cursed by now!

2. A single cigar could be sent forward with the curse letter/black spot. The recipient would have to smoke said cigar within a short timespan, e.g. 24 or 48hrs. as well as send the sacrificial offering (5 cigars) back. The single cigar could be from the recipients wish list (or maybe better, the dislikes list!)

OR... The single cigar sent to the "cursed" could be a cigar in a coffin.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Chemnitz:

99% sure #2 was done, sans smoking requirement. Too risky to ruin a perfectly good cigar by smoking ROTT
    EDIT: you can see the first instance of a "last meal" starting page 7.