Home Cigar 101

Longest freeze time?

scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
What the longest time your cigars can be in the freezer? I found some ones hidden from a long time ago..

Comments

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    How were they wrapped? Think about frozen foods, as long as there is no air, there is no freezer burn. Do you see frost on the cigars? If not I think you should be good. One way to find out...
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    They were in cello and they were in a ccom baggie with little air which was inside a larger ziploc with little air. Didn't see any frost.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Bring 'em back to life, and give it a shot.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    scarlin:
    What the longest time your cigars can be in the freezer?
    Right now I have a good size order that have been in there close to two weeks and will prob be in there for three by the time I pull them out and put them in a zip lock bagador. I am waiting on the shipment of a new coolador for their final resting place.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    scarlin:
    They were in cello and they were in a ccom baggie with little air which was inside a larger ziploc with little air. Didn't see any frost.
    I don't see a problem.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I am wondering what chagnes take place over a period of time like that in regard to the rh and ability of the cigar to keep and hold it's oils after being frozen that long. I do know one manufacturer who freezes 30 days off the table, then ages 60 before they send cigars out. They say it is their secret, and learned from a specific Cuban blender.