Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Brian's running contest.....Winner announced on both contests

brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
OK as some of you know my wife has Multiple Sclerosis. MS is a horrible disease that has no known cure and in many cases the drugs used to fight it don't work long term. The effects of MS are all over the place ranging from blindness to lack of motor control to death. There is no rhyme or reason why MS attacks who it attacks, but MS attacks more women than men by a 4-1 ratio, and generally attacks these women at a young age.

My wife was diagnosed with MS when she was 27 years old and probably had the disease for about 2 years prior. She went from a relatively healthy mother of 2 who had just lost a ton of weight so that she could start playing soccer (her lifelong love) again to not being able to walk longer than 200 feet without a break and walking with a cane within a year of diagnosis. She has good times and bad, but for the most part her MS is under control.

So onto the fun part. For the past few years my fat ass (6' 240) has been running in the MS Society Muck Ruckus and i am doing it again this year. The course is a 5 mile long run with over 40 obstacles including huge cargo nets, mud pits and even awesome mud lakes where you have to go under logs to get through:

(Yeah that's me)

In advance of this run i am trying to raise money for the cause, and that is where the contests comes in.

I am going to do 2 contests

1. Pick the time it will take my team of 8 to complete the course for a 5 pack

2. Click this link to Donate to my Participant Page at the National MS Society page (1 entry for every $1 donated and be sure you note what your username is on the donation so i know who donated)

This one will be for a filled medium flat rate box. It will include cigars, swag, alcohol....basically whatever i can fit in there for the donations

Contest will run until the event starts on Saturday, July 12, 2014.

Leaderboard:

Chris Olds: 100 entries (thanks to chris for getting this kicked off when he found the page on his own)

No_One21: 50 entries

Tyland: 50 entries

CHemnitz: 35 entries

Matkn293: 50 entries

Sherm: 50 entries

Glock: 35

Royln: 100

Bigshizza: 35

ejgorman: 35

Comments