Home Ratings & Reviews

Half way point

BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
Well it's half way into the year and what have been your "new release" favorites?
For me, the Crowned Heads "Las Calaveras" is right up there with the Viaje "Leaded" and the Joya de Nicaragua "Cuatro Cinco"
What are your thoughts?

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Couldn't agree more with those 3 Jim. I would add the Angel's Anvil as well.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    Cant argue with the 4 mentioned. They are all great sticks.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Haven't had many 2014 releases yet, but of the ones that I have tried, I really liked the La Palina Mr. Sam Corona and the Room101 MC2 Mutante. The real prize that I'm waiting for this year hasn't been released yet........the LFD 20th Anniversary.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Agree with the leaded!! But I did like the room101 mc1's a lot as well as for the third ill have to really think
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    There were new releases?
    Oh wait, I got a new Torano. ROFL!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    I'd add to the list...

Oiiva Serie V Melanio
    CAO Flathead Spark Plug
    Sindicato Robusto

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I can't keep up. I agree with Puff that the Melanio is one of my favorite newer cigars, but I also know I bought my first box last November so it's not really a this year cigar. I kind of figure that most everything is new to me if I haven't had it before. I just hope that the really nasty stuff falls off the market before I get around to smoking it!

Speaking of nasty new releases. LFD NAS is not being added to this list. Then again, I don't think Litto would want it on there after initialing it after some Nasty A** Sh*t.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Camacho Ecuador, liked it so much I did a “review” of it on the forum. Picked up three Toro’s at the B&M but so far I have only smoked one (bombed out the other two) but I do have a box of the fig size on order that I should get tomorrow.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    MF La Antiguedad is dyn-o-mite! Easily my favorite new release. The only Las Calaveras I smoked wasn't very good, I have another and I hope it was just one bad stick. I also really liked "Long Live the King" by Caldwell Cigars.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Being a DR whore, I was looking forward to Señorial from Jose Blanco and Matilde Renacer from Jose Siejas. Both were phenomenal. Not sure what will top those for me, but I am interested to see what Kelner Jr comes up with, and the new Orchant from Regius.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    catfishbluezz:
    Being a DR whore, I was looking forward to Señorial from Jose Blanco and Matilde Renacer from Jose Siejas. Both were phenomenal. Not sure what will top those for me, but I am interested to see what Kelner Jr comes up with, and the new Orchant from Regius.
    Oh yeah that Matilde it was mighty tasty.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    blutattoo:
    catfishbluezz:
    Oh yeah that Matilde it was mighty tasty.
    Holy Jesus it was good...may be my COTY man. The Senorial was tough to beat as well, on par with any Opus. I will be looking to see what Curivari comes out with. I never got around to try the Achilles from last year. I am also interested to see what Total Flame comes out with. Their 2013 releases were really good. I've also heard AJ's latest release is wicked good, but they are being a bit hush about it, and he is more hit then miss with me. However, he does have access to aged tobacco, so who knows.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    im really enjoying the room 101 Payback.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    kuzi16:
    im really enjoying the room 101 Payback.
    I've smoked one so far and thought it was pretty good..cant wait to revisit it again.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    las calavares is by far the best newly released cigar to me. Top 5 cigar i have ever smoked right away....the vherf guys know how much i liked them....i feel like i browbeat them into grabbing some.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    My shops never have the new stuff...but will be getting my liberty 2014,s tomorrow
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Dang Shane, I may have to check out my B&M, Was wondering when these would be released.