Home Cigar 101

Help :)

nachi444nachi444 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
I just started smoking cigars and I need some help. I am looking for a sweet tip/cap cigar. I tried the ACID brand and did not like them at all. A friend told me that is because they are infused. I've tried several cigars since then. The Bacarrat was ok, the Isla Del Sol by Drew Estate was better and I did not like the Flor De Olivia. Can anyone tell me about any other cigars that are sweet yet mild.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Without going to infused, like CAO Moontrance or other CAO Flavours cigars, you've covered most of what's available.
    But if you are looking for a mainstream cigar that has a sweeter flavor to it, check into cigars with cameroon wrappers.
  • nachi444nachi444 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Look into the coffee infused stuff like Java and Tabak Especial, both by Drew Estate. There's also Kopi Luwak by Oliveros.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Try a Nat Sherman host collection.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Wecome to the forum! A. Fuente Hemmingways have a Cameroon wrapper which seems to give it a sweet taste on ones lips. They would be considered a medium cigar, but if you haven't had one I would definitely recommend trying one - maybe a Short Story or a Best Seller. I've given these out a few times to cigar newbs who have enjoyed them. Good luck!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I remember a cigar that I had a few years back that had a sweetened tip. It was kinda mild too (but it's really hard to remember that part). Sweetened tips dont impress me much myself, but it sounds like what you are looking for. I'll do a little online research and see if I can figure out what they were and find them again.
    You should try the Baccarats again. Try both the connecticut and the maduro. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=10
    matkn293:
    Try a Nat Sherman host collection.
    I agree 100%. I just found one in my collection. (Nat Sherman - Host Collection -Hobart. From a trade with Rasindot. Thanks again Bro. Nat Sherman never lets me down.) It does have sweet tip that's not overly sweet in my opinion. Just smoked it and paired it with my coffee. Very mild. But a great taste. And rookie smokers need to know,...... Go slow. Don't get your cigars too hot as you smoke them. You'll get much better flavors from your investment.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    For a sweet cap, I like coffee infused as has already been mentioned. The tabak especial's by drew estate are good; i like the red eye. Probably similar to isla del sol, but perhaps a bit stronger.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Try pairing a glass of port with your mild cigar. The port will bring you a sweet finsh.
  • heels0303heels0303 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    Nat Sherman Host Hunter
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 184
    Welcome to the forum
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I think Flor de Oliva? But, it's been a loo-ong time since I had one.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Chemnitz:
    Wecome to the forum! A. Fuente Hemmingways have a Cameroon wrapper which seems to give it a sweet taste on ones lips. They would be considered a medium cigar, but if you haven't had one I would definitely recommend trying one - maybe a Short Story or a Best Seller. I've given these out a few times to cigar newbs who have enjoyed them. Good luck!
    +1. For some reason, the Cameroon wrappers on the Hemingways are much sweeter than other Cameroons I've tried. I've also found that the smaller sizes (Short Story, Best Seller) tend to have a more pronounced sweet effect than the larger (Signature) sizes.

I might also recommend the La Aurora Preferido Cameroon. It's not quite as "sweet" as the Hemingway, but it's still quite delicious. Expensive, though at retail--they can be found at much lower prices on certain auction sites that shall not be named here.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Try dipping the head in your favorite whiskey. Don't drown it, just a quick in/out. I do it every once in a while.
  • AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    Hey Guys. See that little marble stone half pipe looking thingy under the cigar? Anyone know what its called? And where to get one?
    rsherman24:
    Avo Companero from 2009

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    AshMe:
    Hey Guys. See that little marble stone half pipe looking thingy under the cigar? Anyone know what its called? And where to get one?
    It's a stogie stand. PM Mr. Daniel Reyes. [ danielzreyes ]
    He is the man.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    AshMe:
    rsherman24:
    Avo Companero from 2009

TJ3K?