Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    MAJORdorMo:
    Matt Marvel:
    I had McDonald's. I'm not really a fan of the place, but it was the easiest place to go to on the way home from work. I had one of the new Angus 1/3 pounders. It turned out to be pretty good.
    My god, since I read this last night, I've been CRAVING a Big Mac and some fries...
    Haha, my bad. I used to be all about the Big Mac.

I went out to Applebee's tonight and had a bacon cheeseburger and a Shiner Bock. Not a bad meal, that's for sure. Now I'm at home with a glass of scotch contemplating a nice smoke.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
    Whopper combo, after two hours of indoor tennis. Diet starts tomorrow!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Last night I felt like cooking again, so it was:

Garlic herb chicken b reast (it seriously censored this word)
    Shiitake mushroom and 3-cheese risotto
    Steamed asparagus

It was almost a healthy meal until I added the cheese to the risotto and glazed the asparagus in melted butter lol
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Hays:

Steamed asparagus

It was almost a healthy meal until I added the cheese to the risotto and glazed the asparagus in melted butter lol

Man that sounds delicious ...
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    gmill880:
    Hays:

Steamed asparagus

Man that sounds delicious ...
    Haha you know what...everything I cook is so easy too... It took me like 30 minutes total for all of that, and involved two pots and one plate to make.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Grilled teriyaki swordfish steaks.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Turkey meatballs, garlic marinara over Penne pasta.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Runny prego and cheap noodles... BRING ON THE CARBS!!!!
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    I had a manly sandwich today. It consisted of:
    Turkey (the king of poultry, pheasant is the queen)
    Swiss Cheese
    ground pepper
    a TON of Tabasco.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    MAJORdorMo:
    Swiss Cheese
    ground pepper
    a TON of Tabasco.
    That sounds pretty good. Too bad I don't have any Swiss.

I had homemade chicken soup tonight. I'm eating another bowl right now actually.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    Matt Marvel:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Swiss Cheese
    ground pepper
    a TON of Tabasco.
    That sounds pretty good. Too bad I don't have any Swiss.

Any cheese is acceptable. Just as long as the turkey isn't too lean and the only condiment is Tabasco. ^_^
    I started making these bad boys in high school because I couldn't stand mayonnaise.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Just got home from Dinner ..... we went out for my cousin's 40th b-day ..... we went to The Melting Pot ..... ya know the fondue restaurannt ....... everything was devine ...... three different types of cheese fondue with different breads, veggies, and cut apples to dip .... teay were awesome .... then a tatsy cesar salad , followed by the main entrees of cedar plank salmon, filet, tenderloin,shrimp and chicken along with mushrooms , broccoli and red potatoes that could be cooked in a great broth or hit with batter and fried in oil ...... then onto dessert a white chocholate with disirono, a milk choch with grahm crakers and marshmallows and a dark choch to dip rice crispy treats, pound cake , banannas, strawberries, brownies, cheesecake, coco covered marshmallows and grahm cracker coated marshmallows ......... all in all it was a fantastic dinner that takes a while 2and a half hours ..... but damn was it tasty
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    So todays holiday feast was SOOOOOOOOO AMAZING ....... the wife and I had our family over and made a turducken with some amazing sausage stuffing , mashed potatoes, squash, homade applesauce and cranberry sauce ..... peas and pearl onions and for dessert homade tiramisou , cookies and homade carrot cake ........ all came out so freakin awesome and the 13 hours of cooking the turducken was so worth it .....nothing quite like a turkey stuffed with a duck thats stuffed with a chicken and then tottaly stuffed with stuffing ....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm left overs are gonna rock for the next couple of days
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    First post in this thread for the new year! I made a bourbon based marinade for a huge beef tenderloin from Kansas. It's gonna be really tasty tomorrow!
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Wow. I have not seen this thread before.... I LOVE ALL THINGS FOOD. Especially bacon.
    So I just got the latest issue of cooks illustrated magazine and had to make the authentic chicago pizza. I've been to chicago many times and fell in love with the cornmeal deep dish crust (having to wipe drool from my chin while I type) and since there is nothing like it here in San Francisco except the crappy and oh so doughy wannabees, I had to act on it. It turned out oh so great! Not to hard to make either; just need enough time for the dough to rise 2 times.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Rice and steamed veggies... then I kinda sprinkled some Barbecue sauce on it... it was very nice
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Leftover Turkey noodles, stuffing and meat pie... mmmmm
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    18 honey barbeque wings at BWW. It was in the single digits in ALABAMA this morning. It's CRAZY cold.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    big fat green salad with grilled chicken and home made ranch dressing.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Ruben sandwiches tonight, with chips and home made salsa....what can I say I'm Messican & love my salsa.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
    Made beef stroganoff tonight :p
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Sandman1am:
    Ruben sandwiches tonight, with chips and home made salsa....what can I say I'm Messican & love my salsa.
    that last line accounts for the chips and salsa....I guess the Reuben falls in there cuz it's just a damn good sammich. :)
    j0z3r:
    Sandman1am:
    that last line accounts for the chips and salsa....I guess the Reuben falls in there cuz it's just a damn good sammich. :)
    You damn right it was a good smmich! On to some leftovers for lunch.....I think I'm going out for dinner so I will let yall know where we go.
    TheShaun:
    Made beef stroganoff tonight :p

What do you call a heard of masturbating cows? Beef Stokin' Off.
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    The wife's Birthday dinner tonight at al Vento.
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Ordered Chinese food for supper at work tonight.
    JET'S pizza it is!!!!! Square deep dish with pepperoni, mushrooms, & double cheese. Oh and Corona....why you ask? Cause I'm Messican!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Tomorrow night I'll be making Filet Mignon with a Cabernet-Cherry-Balsamic reduction as part of a V-day meal.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Rob1110:
    Tomorrow night I'll be making Filet Mignon with a Cabernet-Cherry-Balsamic reduction as part of a V-day meal.
    Ok, I keep reading about fancy *** like this and I'm feeling stupid, but what the hell is "reduction?" Is it just sauce?