Home General Discussion

My wineador

bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
I got the wineador from Mark up and running and man does it hold a lot. Once I get the proper boxes/drawers things will be much better organized and I think I'll be able to move the rest from my cooler into it. I think that means I need to make a re-stocking spree
photo 20140810_113442_zpsfg3pfvum.jpg
For the condensation issue I caulked the drain and drilled a new hole and put some tubing that drains into a container. It doesn't work 100% perfect, so ill have to wipe up some excess, but it works good enough.
photo 20140810_113720_zpsvuzomhk5.jpg

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Fantastic. Looks good. I do have the additional shelf that I forgot. I will get it to you.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    bert873:
    I got the wineador from Mark up and running and man does it hold a lot. Once I get the proper boxes/drawers things will be much better organized and I think I'll be able to move the rest from my cooler into it. I think that means I need to make a re-stocking spree
    For the condensation issue I caulked the drain and drilled a new hole and put some tubing that drains into a container. It doesn't work 100% perfect, so ill have to wipe up some excess, but it works good enough.
    well i think you should rethink that tray of kl and drain tubes,
    what you need to keep in mind is that when that units running it's pulling water out of the air in there, the water goes to bottom, in your drain container but your constantly pulling the water from the kl,
    my solution and i am suggesting this since i have several units not 1 or 2 but 8, so my sollution get a veggie bag 1gl size put as much kl in it as you can and cinch closed, place at the bottom where the water drains to the water will go right back into the kl where it should be,
    heres where i cant stress enough add fans! 2 lower fronts pushing upwards 2 upper backs pushing down, at least 4 total you will need that circulation, the units internal fan is not enough,
    i would get just the shelves not the drawers this way air moves more freely,
    buy some bulk cedarslats 2-3" wide as long as you want measure and cut to creat some shelves to hold boxs and trays ,
    just my suggestions
    is that a winair e281? looks like it from drain style
    also dont over crowd it now, you have no circulation you will have dead spots in there due to box's, trays, drawers etc anything that can block air movement in the way.
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    bert873:
    well i think you should rethink that tray of kl and drain tubes,
    what you need to keep in mind is that when that units running it's pulling water out of the air in there, the water goes to bottom, in your drain container but your constantly pulling the water from the kl,
    my solution and i am suggesting this since i have several units not 1 or 2 but 8, so my sollution get a veggie bag 1gl size put as much kl in it as you can and cinch closed, place at the bottom where the water drains to the water will go right back into the kl where it should be,
    heres where i cant stress enough add fans! 2 lower fronts pushing upwards 2 upper backs pushing down, at least 4 total you will need that circulation, the units internal fan is not enough,
    i would get just the shelves not the drawers this way air moves more freely,
    buy some bulk cedarslats 2-3" wide as long as you want measure and cut to creat some shelves to hold boxs and trays ,
    just my suggestions
    is that a winair e281? looks like it from drain style
    also dont over crowd it now, you have no circulation you will have dead spots in there due to box's, trays, drawers etc anything that can block air movement in the way.
    Thanks for the input! I'll be getting some bags today to put the kitty litter in, those plastic containers where all I had at the time. I have a fan coming but I guess I'll need to get some more.
    It's an edgestar 28
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    How do you guys get the RH to stabilize? mine has about a 10 to 12% swing between running and not running. I plugged the drain laid a bag of KL in the catch channel and filled the bottom with KL. I don't have any smokes in there yet just empty boxes. I understand how an AC works as far as pulling moisture out of the air but this is a plastic tub with no circulation just coils on the back side of the interior wall. Is this RH swing normal?
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    onestrangeone:
    How do you guys get the RH to stabilize? mine has about a 10 to 12% swing between running and not running. I plugged the drain laid a bag of KL in the catch channel and filled the bottom with KL. I don't have any smokes in there yet just empty boxes. I understand how an AC works as far as pulling moisture out of the air but this is a plastic tub with no circulation just coils on the back side of the interior wall. Is this RH swing normal?
    is yours a compressor type or thermal type? mine are thermal my units tend to run alot right now, it's warm out. but i dont have any swings i have seen the temps gor from 65* to 70* in a day lately but the humidity has been firmat 67-68% just depends on what unit your looking at,
    what i notice is when you have cedar in the wineador say 3 shelves, and you start adding cedar box's also the humidity starts to either rise or lower until all the new cedar is seasoned, thats why i recommened before to someone, to get all your wood in there now before your sticks,get it stable at the rh you want then slowly add the sticks once your at capacity and your humidity is stable the winador is solid for a while
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    onestrangeone:
    is yours a compressor type or thermal type? mine are thermal my units tend to run alot right now, it's warm out. but i dont have any swings i have seen the temps gor from 65* to 70* in a day lately but the humidity has been firmat 67-68% just depends on what unit your looking at,
    what i notice is when you have cedar in the wineador say 3 shelves, and you start adding cedar box's also the humidity starts to either rise or lower until all the new cedar is seasoned, thats why i recommened before to someone, to get all your wood in there now before your sticks,get it stable at the rh you want then slowly add the sticks once your at capacity and your humidity is stable the winador is solid for a while
    Yeah mine is a compressor, the temp stays consistent but not the RH. this was given to me for free and I'm hoping there's a way to make it work.
    thats alot harder to stabilize, i have not worked with a compressor unit so i can't tell what to do on that,
    What fans do you use?
    pc fans between 60-80mm, use a 100-200w poower supply
  • jbohonjbohon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    pc fans between 60-80mm, use a 100-200w poower supply

Any chance you could post a pic of one of your fan installs? I was thinking about using one I those, but hadn't worked out the mounts and how to feed power to it.
    these are pics of the front fans blowing upward
    they are wired thru the back drilled a to pull wires and use a led light power supply.
    do they run constantly or are they on a timer?
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    8 wineadors! Crapola! Now that is a lot of cigars!
    Thank you sir.