Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Dr Eric just welcomed me Chiro-Style!!!

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
Well, having been gone from the forum for so long, no one told me there was another chiropractor up in here! I just got back from the beach and find this waiting at the office this morning. Not only did Eric pick an amazing profession to work in, he has great taste in cigars as well! These are some of my all time favorites!(in fact I was out of the DC's) Be cautious Eric bc after I manage to get adjusted bc of the trauma pictured below, I will be looking to hand out some subluxations of my own!

Comments

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Impressive hit.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Awesome hit and big words being thrown around.
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    matkn293:
    Awesome hit and big words being thrown around.
    I was lost at Well
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Damn, we got two bunecrushers? Nice hit
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    mmccartneydc:
    I will be looking to hand out some subluxations of my own!

Great hit but is subluxations a real word?
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

Oh yea! Ever been to a chiropractor 3Stogies?
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

No I never have been to one, at least yet. From what I read it is a kind of stress fracture of sorts isn't it? Had to look it up, curious George, lol.
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

No I never have been to one, at least yet. From what I read it is a kind of stress fracture of sorts isn't it? Had to look it up, curious George, lol.
    It's an interesting term...far from a fracture of any sort. The technical definition is less than a luxation (luxation being "complete dislocation"). In the medical world it equates to a severe sprain that results in abnormal positioning of the bones making up a joint. In the chiropractic realm it is the abnormal joint function (read as abnormal movement) that results from misalignment, hyperactive nerves or traumatic injury. Confusing to the public, I know. And sometimes more confusing to PTs and MDs who don't understand why a chiropractor would adjust a joint that, based on their definition, is unstable. If you've ever "cracked" your knuckles, you've had a (chiropractic) subluxation. That feeling of stiffness and ache is a sign of subluxation. If it occurs in the spine, it can affect the exiting spinal nerves and have an adverse effect on anything those nerves go to, including skin, muscle and organs. Restriction of spinal joints results in the same changes in muscle, tendon and ligament as the casting of a broken limb (see disuse atrophy). The effect on the joint results in inflammation that can also affect the nearby nerve root.
  • jbohonjbohon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    ejgorman:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

It's an interesting term...far from a fracture of any sort. The technical definition is less than a luxation (luxation being "complete dislocation"). In the medical world it equates to a severe sprain that results in abnormal positioning of the bones making up a joint. In the chiropractic realm it is the abnormal joint function (read as abnormal movement) that results from misalignment, hyperactive nerves or traumatic injury. Confusing to the public, I know. And sometimes more confusing to PTs and MDs who don't understand why a chiropractor would adjust a joint that, based on their definition, is unstable. If you've ever "cracked" your knuckles, you've had a (chiropractic) subluxation. That feeling of stiffness and ache is a sign of subluxation. If it occurs in the spine, it can affect the exiting spinal nerves and have an adverse effect on anything those nerves go to, including skin, muscle and organs. Restriction of spinal joints results in the same changes in muscle, tendon and ligament as the casting of a broken limb (see disuse atrophy). The effect on the joint results in inflammation that can also affect the nearby nerve root.
    My eyes just crossed trying to follow all that... wow.

Simplified: joints should move. Joints that don't move cause problems. Chiropractors make joints move therefore chiropractors are good.
    Eric likes to make adjustments to people's mailboxes
    avengethis:
    Addendum: mailboxes = joints
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    ejgorman:
    avengethis:
    Addendum: mailboxes = joints
    Wow...Boom! Nicely done doc!
    ejgorman:
    Simplified: joints should move. Joints that don't move cause problems. Chiropractors make joints move therefore chiropractors are good.

That I understand. I'm a little slow.

So subluxation would be were the joints meet causing the pain, by some injury or defect?
    ie: mailbox
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

So subluxation would be were the joints meet causing the pain, by some injury or defect?
    Perfect explanation Eric and yeah, my mailbox needs an adjustment badly! Also, when joints are misaligned for extended periods of time, the joint will wear out prematurely. This is EXACTLY how arthritis starts. Most people think they do not need chiropractors when in reality, EVERYONE needs a chiropractor!
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

Perfect explanation Eric and yeah, my mailbox needs an adjustment badly! Also, when joints are misaligned for extended periods of time, the joint will wear out prematurely. This is EXACTLY how arthritis starts. Most people think they do not need chiropractors when in reality, EVERYONE needs a chiropractor!

Nice sales pitch. Sorry. You guys freak me out.
    I always enjoyed the electro massage thing at the chiro. Lasts about 20-30 minutes and usually I would fall asleep.
    rsherman24:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

Its your back, I don't sell anybody anything. Learned a long time ago not to put to high a value on other people's common sense! LOL, still love ya tho Sherm!
    mmccartneydc:
    rsherman24:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

Its your back, I don't sell anybody anything. Learned a long time ago not to put to high a value on other people's common sense! LOL, still love ya tho Sherm!

Just messin with ya. I should go, but all that cracking and bending freaks me out. Or maybe that is just on TV
    There are a lot of different methods of adjusting the spine. Some don't involve any "cracking" at all.