Home Cigar 101

Cohiba questions.

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
I have only smoked 1 other Cohiba before today, so I did a little reading.

Do I understand correctly that most of the Cohibas I see talked about (and pictured) on this forum are "real" Cuban's? Other then the Red Dots of course.

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    If the ones you are referring to have yellow and black with white squares on the bands, then yes those are cc cohibas.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    A lot of them with the yellow checkered bands are real fake cubans.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    This is a real cc siglo ivphoto 54817EC4-7F39-4BAE-897F-03FB68795FD2.jpg
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Yep, VERY different animals. I don't care for the NC Cohibas (the black is the best of the lot for me), but the CC's aren't bad except for their price. There are other CC's I like better at much more reasonable prices. Plus those and the Monte 2's seem to be the most often faked.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    JD, did you like it? and would you smoke it again ?
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Retircs1:
    JD, did you like it? and would you smoke it again ?

I did indeed. I would smoke it again, in fact the 2nd one is going into "The Box" which is where I put cigars I like and want to age some. It was a much bigger ring gauge then the ones I normally smoke, and I will probably smoke it outside to lessen the potential fire hazard.

You have a PM about the recipe.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Glad it was such a good experience for you JD, you'll have to try the CC sometime ;) Of the non-Cuban stuff I personally like the XV best though I haven't had one for years need to get some when I finally have money again lol. Oh and the original one if theirs the "Red Dot" is pretty good with a couple years on it. Hope that helps.
  • W1REB1TERW1REB1TER Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    I have very mixed feelings on Cohiba. when i first started cigar smoking and i would get them from the states they we not good. Over here in Asia though you see a lot of Cohiba's most places that sell cigars will be stocked full of Cuban Cohiba's, and they are such a good smoke. I'll either get a Cohiba or a Romeo Y Julieta Churchill (yeah, i'm picky with that type of cigar). and i am almost never disappointed. I have still yet to try another non-cuban cohiba though in a while.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I smoke a stick back in the day about 15 years ago, it was the best cigar I have had, but I cant remember what it was I know it had a black and yellow band, it had eluted me every since like my "Eleanor" I pretty sure it was a Cohiba