Home General Discussion

Sam has signed with...

HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
http://thecigarauthority.com/news-sam-leccia-signs/
kind of surprised, but not at the same time, sorry for not linking it, kind of hard to do from a phone

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Hayblet:
    http://thecigarauthority.com/news-sam-leccia-signs/
    kind of surprised, but not at the same time, sorry for not linking it, kind of hard to do from a phone
    Link here
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    again... fail.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Almost as soon as Leccia Tobacco started as a company, it got bought out by General? Ouch. Guess mediocre blends are looming in the future (though there are a few blends from General that I do like).
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Yeah that brand didn't last long. They will ruin it like they did CAO. LGC has a few good sticks but I don't care for much else. No thanks.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Yeah and they said his babies will be rebanded.
  • christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    He signed with Swisher Sweets.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Sad....bet that non compete clause in the contract will make his a hole so tight he can sharpen pencils with it.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I'm such a STUPID noob. I had no idea CAO sucked so bad. (According to this thread and the "Torano is doomed" thread.) I guess I'll quit smoking the line lest I embarrass myself. Goodby Brazilia,...... sniff,...... I'll always have the Weekend Blitz to remember you by.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    guess ill slow down on smoking my white labels.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Bob Luken:
    I'm such a STUPID noob. I had no idea CAO sucked so bad. (According to this thread and the "Torano is doomed" thread.) I guess I'll quit smoking the line lest I embarrass myself. Goodby Brazilia,...... sniff,...... I'll always have the Weekend Blitz to remember you by.
    they are a shadow of their former self.

i cant smoke them because of what they were.
    kuzi16:
    Bob Luken:
    they are a shadow of their former self.

i cant smoke them because of what they were.
    Before my time i suppose. Ignorance is bliss.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    CAO used to be really good IMO. I loved Italia and Brazilia. The people of CAO were great people. Events were fun. It just isn't the same brand anymore. As soon as Torano announced this every shop owner I know started clearancing out all of their boxes. They want nothing to do with them any more and will make room for other brands. They did the same thing with CAO. Sam says things won't change but I am skeptical.
    jsnake:
    CAO used to be really good IMO. I loved Italia and Brazilia. The people of CAO were great people. Events were fun. It just isn't the same brand anymore. As soon as Torano announced this every shop owner I know started clearancing out all of their boxes. They want nothing to do with them any more and will make room for other brands. They did the same thing with CAO. Sam says things won't change but I am skeptical.
    So have you tried the Italia and Brazilia since they sold out? And if so, how much of a difference is there? I enjoy the CAO Sopranos, Brazilia, the CX2 and the CAO Black. I continue to try more CAOs when I can. I've got three or four "new to me" CAOs in my cooler just waiting for me to try for the first time. Like I said, this transition all happened before I got started smoking so I have not experienced any of this lament that you guys seem to have for the changes. I guess I'll still be smoking CAOs and Toranos too.
    jsnake:
    So have you tried the Italia and Brazilia since they sold out? And if so, how much of a difference is there? I enjoy the CAO Sopranos, Brazilia, the CX2 and the CAO Black. I continue to try more CAOs when I can. I've got three or four "new to me" CAOs in my cooler just waiting for me to try for the first time. Like I said, this transition all happened before I got started smoking so I have not experienced any of this lament that you guys seem to have for the changes. I guess I'll still be smoking CAOs and Toranos too.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    I'm with you Bob, I've enjoyed the CAOs I've tired too. Other than a wrapper issue one time, they've been a pretty solid smoke.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Bob Luken:
    You mad bro? We could start arguing...have not had a good forum war in a while. :)
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I don't know what the old ones were like, but I've only semi-enjoyed 1 CAO, and that was the MX2. The Brazilia was OK, at best.
    New Boots:
    I don't know what the old ones were like, but I've only semi-enjoyed 1 CAO, and that was the MX2. The Brazilia was OK, at best.
    To each his own. And each man's tastes change. I was wild about the Brazilia. I say WAS only because I haven't had one in awhile. I have a handful in my humi and if I see a sampler deal I'll bite but I really should smoke one again soon. What if my tastes have changed? Or as all this talk has me wondering,.......what if CAO / General Cigar is ruining the blend? How would I know the difference?
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    You mad bro? We could start arguing...have not had a good forum war in a while. :)
    Come at me bro!