Home General Discussion

Employment

Comments

• benhanksbenhanks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 323
    mb92755:
    Metallurgical Tech for a large metal maker. Titanium is one of the more mundane metals we make. Some others aren't known to the general public but are in rockets, MRI's and aircraft. I mainly do boring paperwork now but I've done some fun R&D. Mike
    That is very interesting. Also, welcome to the forum! Everyone here is a little bit loony but they know their stuff :)
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    F/T yoga pants inspector at Eastern Washington University majoring in Social Work
  • jbohonjbohon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    Bigshizza:
    F/T yoga pants inspector at Eastern Washington University majoring in Social Work
    Now there's a career choice that I could get behind! LOL
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    jbohon:
    Bigshizza:
    I'm sure the eye strain problems run rampant in that profession lol
  • jbohonjbohon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    90+ Irishman:
    jbohon:
    Bigshizza:
    I'm sure the eye strain problems run rampant in that profession lol
    strain perhaps, but eye strain? hmmm...
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    90+ Irishman:
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:
    I work for Apple out of my house hence why I can be posting on here most days during the day. Today actually marks two years that I've been with Apple. I am a technical supervisor for 5 different ques, sh1t rolls downhill and I'm at the bottom of the hill. So if your a nasty person or have a nasty technical issue it gets sent to me.

You must be a busy person right now with the iPhone 6.
    Between the iPhone 6, 6+ and iOS 8 release its been nuts. Putting in so much OT and now I'm out of it for two weeks while I train new advisors. It's been crazy busy to say the least.

Think my company makes the glass for them, lol. Corning Gorilla Glass?
  • UnicornUnicorn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    I'm a manual therapist. I poke, slap, rub, tap, compress, vibrate, stretch, and teach exercises for a living.

and let the jokes commence.

In all seriousness, I also work in a motion analysis lab at a children's hospital studying how kids walk and posture. I use the same software that the motion picture industry uses to create video games and movies like Avatar.
    Unicorn:
    I'm a manual therapist. I poke, slap, rub, tap, compress, vibrate, stretch, and teach exercises for a living.

In all seriousness, I also work in a motion analysis lab at a children's hospital studying how kids walk and posture. I use the same software that the motion picture industry uses to create video games and movies like Avatar.
    That sounds like something Jim would enjoy! If you were closer I would have you fix my arm so that I could lift it and it wouldn't hurt :)
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    benhanks:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Lead Machinest and Crew Chief for OverKill Racing and Chassis.

http://www.overkillchassis.com/home.html

But probably not for long...

Aj
    That is awesome (not the probably not for long part)! I need a frame for my project car. When I get my money saved up I'll give you a call :)
    Lemme know.. we tend to get older chassis back that no longer pass cert for new speed rules. they often get resold to street cars for pennys to help fund the new one. something to keep in mind if your not looking to go to the moon on gasoline.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    benhanks:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Lead Machinest and Crew Chief for OverKill Racing and Chassis.

http://www.overkillchassis.com/home.html

But probably not for long...

Aj
    That is awesome (not the probably not for long part)! I need a frame for my project car. When I get my money saved up I'll give you a call :)
    Lemme know.. we tend to get older chassis back that no longer pass cert for new speed rules. they often get resold to street cars for pennys to help fund the new one. something to keep in mind if your not looking to go to the moon on gasoline.

Aj
    That sounds good to me. Let me know if you get anything in that will fit a 2dr 55 Chevy!
  • UnicornUnicorn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    benhanks:
    Unicorn:

That sounds like something Jim would enjoy! If you were closer I would have you fix my arm so that I could lift it and it wouldn't hurt :)
    Where is the pain?
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    I sell Real Estate.
    Unicorn:
    benhanks:
    Unicorn:

Where is the pain?
    It is bursitis. I need to start doing some exercises for it but I always forget!
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Environmental Scientist for a power company
  • cbuckcbuck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    Wholesale Ice Cream Manufacturer, selling to restaurants and caterers in the NE.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    cbuck:
    Wholesale Ice Cream Manufacturer, selling to restaurants and caterers in the NE.

I love you man.....
    jd50ae:
    cbuck:

I love you man.....
    Me too!! One of my best friends owns an ice cream store, he gets free computer work and I always get free ice cream!
  • cbuckcbuck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    It does have its benefits, for sure! Someone has to be the tester! That would be me! Family business, celebrating 64 years this year. Pays the bills. When I'm on vacation, we sample every ice cream parlor we see. Charlie
    cbuck:
    It does have its benefits, for sure! Someone has to be the tester! That would be me! Family business, celebrating 64 years this year. Pays the bills. When I'm on vacation, we sample every ice cream parlor we see. Charlie
    I have never been to CT, but it sounds like a fun place to be :)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Towboat pilot here. Been working for the same company since I got out of high school in 83. Boy I'm getting old.image
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Fire truck mechanic......
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Work in a commercial print shop.I run an m600 heat set printing press.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I work in the vault of an Armored truck company
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Full time husband, dad and student.
    Roland, Two questions, what are you studying? What does your signature mean to you.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    Rhamlin:
    Towboat pilot here. Been working for the same company since I got out of high school in 83. Boy I'm getting old.image
    Come on now, 1983 wasn't that long ago was it ? Aw hell I am getting old.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    Well let's see. I am a awesome husband, great Dad, Full time Multimedia account manager and part time National Park Service employee. I can't forget Cigar Smoking Gentlemen.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I'm a network engineer and will be transitioning to a network security engineer in about a month.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Chemical engineer and researcher studying ways of converting bourbon to urine and rolled/formed tobacco to potash. I'm also a certified hedonist.....