Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Johnny 5's 5000th Post Pass -- CLOSED

jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
5000 posts
Wow.

(Pass details directly below, sappy story at the bottom.)

----------------------------------------------

Pass details:

1) Takes/puts
-- Maximum of 5 takes.
-- No limit on puts (keep reading, this will make more sense in a minute, I hope).
-- Please exchange takes / puts for a fair value. But if you're not sure please just ask.

2) Pictures
--- You must post a picture of your takes/puts to this thread. No excuses

3) Voting
(This is the part where I'll really need your help)
--- Everything that's left at the end of the pass will go to one of our fellow forum BOTLs, to be determined by your all's votes.
--- So for each "put" you'll get 1 vote.
--- Multiple puts = multiple votes and you can split your votes however you want....
--- You can vote for anyone on the forums, (except me) even if they're not in the pass, as long as they're on the good traders list and have been active here since 7/1/14.
--- After doing your takes/puts please PM me with your votes.
--- Lastly, as an example of multiple puts = multiple votes ... if you put 3 cigars you would get three votes and could split them like:
a) Adam - 3 votes
b) Adam - 2 votes & Bill - 1 vote
c) Adam - 1 vote & Bill - 1 vote & Carl - 1 vote

4) List of participants
(Sign ups are now closed)

Shipping order below. (This list, along with addresses is in the box.)

(pass start) Me (Johnny 5)
(1) SleevePlz
(2) Avengethis
(3) Patrickbrick
(4) Glock1975
(5) Rsherman24
(6) Ken Light
(7) Allsmokedup
(8) Darktower007
(9) mmccartneydc
(10) Rain
(11) onestrangeone
(12) danielzreyes
(Switched Shizz & Irish since Shizz will be in Chi-town)
(13) 90+ Irishman
(14) BigShizza
(15) jimmyv723
(16) back to Me (to count the votes and maybe add a little something to the box)
EN ROUTE TO WINNER: 9534 6110 7212 5013 6112 62
(End) -- ??? Winner ??? -- to be determined by your all's votes.

Also ... BandyT09 has kindly offered to contribute cigars to the pass.

Sappy story ahead.....

You know, in the past I haven't even noticed my 1000 post "milestones" until I was halfway to the next 1000. (I know, I'm usually too busy being an NCR fluff thread extraordinaire, what can I say. lol)

But man, 5000 posts.
4+ years since my "join date".
And 3+ years I've been very active on here.

Really made me stop and think about all the things that have happened since my first post here.
(First post was here CLICKY CLICK in case anyone's interested)

I've learned more about cigars in the past few years than I could have ever imagined was possible.

I've had some great discussions here about all aspects of life -- from cigars to food to politics to music and just about everything in between.

I've had a chance to smoke some amazing cigars that I'd never have tried otherwise, courtesy of BOTLs on this forum.

I've got to be a part of some pretty cool passes, and some awesome "gang" bombings.

And I've got to witness some seriously over-the-top generosity by the great folks on this forum.
And I'm not just talking about things like the crazy "gang war" bombs.
I'm talking about the bombs that include a bottle of wine to share with a wife, or a hat for someone's son, or donating cigars for an auction to help out a BOTL/SOTL in a time of need.
Don't get me wrong, those ridiculous "gang war" type bombs are fun and I don't want to take anything away from that, but it's those other times that really define this community IMO.
And man, what a hell of a wonderful, caring community it is.

And last but not least, most importantly in my mind I've "met" some great people here and consider y'all lifelong friends.
You guys truly are the best.

I can't explain how happy I am that I found this forum, and how grateful I am to "know" all you BOTLs and be able to consider you my friends. Y'all are great, seriously.

I want to give something back to the people that have done so much for this forum ---- I wish I had a money tree growing in the backyard and I could bomb each and everyone of y'all with a box to celebrate this post, but sadly all I have is a half-dead elm tree and some dandelion weeds.

So instead the contents of this pass will not end up with me, but instead they will go to one of our fellow forum members.

Comments