Home Non Cigar Related

Laid up and River disappears.....

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
....for 2 days. Then there he is, all smiles and tail wagging, sitting on the steps wanting to come in. Scary because of all the poaching aXXholes that love killing anything. We had words and River has been grounded.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Thatll teach 'em. Glad hes back.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    jd50ae:
    ....for 2 days. Then there he is, all smiles and tail wagging, sitting on the steps wanting to come in. Scary because of all the poaching aXXholes that love killing anything. We had words and River has been grounded.

Aw, c'mon, Dad, one of the local doggie ladies was in heat and poor River heard the call. Ya can't ground a stud for something like that, can ya?? ??
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    jlmarta:
    jd50ae:

Aw, c'mon, Dad, one of the local doggie ladies was in heat and poor River heard the call. Ya can't ground a stud for something like that, can ya?? ??

I don't think that is possible. We spay and neuter all of our rescue dogs. I really hate doing it, but it has to be done. And he was such a stud, there were little Rivers everywhere, luckily, as far as we know, they went to some good homes. Peanut moved across the street with two goats and we still say hi....
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    jd50ae:
    jlmarta:
    jd50ae:

I don't think that is possible. We spay and neuter all of our rescue dogs. I really hate doing it, but it has to be done. And he was such a stud, there were little Rivers everywhere, luckily, as far as we know, they went to some good homes. Peanut moved across the street with two goats and we still say hi....

Well, okay then. Musta just been 'boys night out' - coupla days worth..... LOL
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jd50ae:
    what breed is river?

bet he was out chasing some squirrels.

glad he made it back safe. and yes he'd be grounded for a month at my house
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Everyone needs some away time.
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    what breed is river?

bet he was out chasing some squirrels.

glad he made it back safe. and yes he'd be grounded for a month at my house

We saw the mother and the rest of the litter at our vets who recused the whole bunch. She is definitely boxer with some lab I am sure. We offered to foster the whole bunch but the vet had already placed most of them. Good vet. Miss her.

He is presently head on my knee with a you know you love me smile all over his face. Silly dog....
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Glad he showed back up. He was probably out following his dog nose. Bet he was hungry.
    First Warrior:
    Glad he showed back up. He was probably out following his dog nose. Bet he was hungry.

If there is one thing our dogs aren't is hungry. The vet who came by to do a mass rabies inoculation even remarked at how well fed they are. So there.... :) And it still amazes me that some of them won't take a treat until after I pet them. No, I am sure it was just the call of nature and all the woody areas here abouts.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    I meant after two days runing River was hungry when he got back.
    First Warrior:
    I meant after two days running River was hungry when he got back.

Actually I thought you were making a little joke....