Home Pipes

Do you have a favorite pipe?

roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
When you reach for a pipe, which one is it? Who makes it? Why do you like it?

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I have 2 favorites... depends on what mood im in. my first favorite is my Calabash. Not sure who made it as it was a gift from my wifes side of the fam/passed down from grand father. Its classy, has a nice lovely aged Meerschaum bowl and there is no worry of getting hot fingers from a warm bowl. :)

My second is my Churchwarden. It is the first pipe I bought for myself... Why do I like it? what is there not to like about churchwardens??? Im planning on buying a working replica of Gandalf's pipe from Lord of the Rings. :)
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Cool story about your family pipe. And churchwardens are very cool.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    My faves are two cheap-o cob pipes I got.

I have some really nice and cool looking others, but these two cobs have broken in and smoke like champions. The biggest reason i think these are my go too pieces is because i clench... and cobs are about as light as they come!

Aj
    What does "clinch" mean? Hold it tight between teeth and not use your hands?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Fav's would be a Crown Achievement bent pot, has the perfect size bowl, a great feel, awesome grain and smokes very easy. Stanwell's Nanna Ivarsson, I know it's a machine made but this is the best smoker I've tried so far, the only way to pack it wrong is to overload it otherwise it doesn't seem to matter, ball some tobacco up shove it in, burns all the way to ash with maybe one relight.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have 2 1970 Heibe pipes from Germany that were unsmoked. They are fantastic smokers. One has a huge bowl. I do have a few estate pipes I am still collecting a few materials to clean up. I do not smoke my favorites as often as I like.
    roland_7707:
    What does "clinch" mean? Hold it tight between teeth and not use your hands?
    exactly. I rarely use my hands. So my jaw can get oftly tired with a heavier pipe. I have found very few pipes that are really suited to this.

Aj
  • robidanrobidan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    Honestly I smoke my cob the most right now..
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    I am tempted to say the one I am smoking as I really like all that I have. If I could only keep one, it would have to be the meer. Beautiful smoke, does not ghost, although if you don't keep the stem clean you can pick up some previous blends flavor. A run through with cleaner and it is back to new.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I've been using MT's and really like them! They are mid to low priced and perform very well
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I've been using MT's and really like them! They are mid to low priced and perform very well
    I am not familiar with MT unless you are using them as the initials for Mark Tinsky but I would not call his pipes low priced.
    J.S.:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I am not familiar with MT unless you are using them as the initials for Mark Tinsky but I would not call his pipes low priced.
    mitchell Thomas pipes but not the really cheap ones...they usually range at 40-60
    Lee.mcglynn:
    J.S.:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    mitchell Thomas pipes but not the really cheap ones...they usually range at 40-60
    Couldnt agree more! fantastic pipes, but I wish they had bigger bowls.

Aj
    So, how many pipes do yall have?
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    J.S.:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Couldnt agree more! fantastic pipes, but I wish they had bigger bowls.

Aj
    I'm looking at buying one that has a pretty huge bowl at least to me. I kind of like smaller bowls though since I like to switch stuff around befor I get bored of it
    roland_7707:
    I have 10

4 cobs, 5 briars and one glass.

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    roland_7707:
    I now have 2 cobs and 6 briars. I amoke the cobs the most because I don't want to take my nice briars to work. I need to get one of those pipe pouches so I can travel with a nice pipe.