Home General Discussion

Sad cigar intereactions....

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
Here is mine

Client to his ride to the bank "Is the truck unlocked? I need one last cigar before my flight out."

Me "Oh! Whats your cigar of choice?" all excited to talk stogies with a client

Client "My favorite! Swisher Sweets!"

Me *died inside*

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    and before anyone gets their knickers in a twist... I didn't respond negatively... I smiled and responded "Alright! have a good smoke!" AND YES I have had a swisher sweet.... and it was not good. lol
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Before I turned back to cigars I smoked Swisher Sweets. I lit one up about a month ago and my next act was to give them away.
  • AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    I have a cousin that lives in Brazil and comes to Miami once in a Blue. This guy has to be the cheapest most selfish and un-giving person I have ever met in my life. He would rather wait to eat alone than have to buy someone a hamburger at McDonalds. Just so happens that he arrived yesterday and came to my office to visit me (been a year since we last saw each other). As I was rummaging through my cabinet humidor to find a cigar to smoke while we chatted after lunch (I paid of course), he says, "Cool! I didn't know you smoked! So whats the best cigar you can afford to give to your cousin so we can smoke together?" (Mind you, he knows nothing about cigars) All excited I handed him an Opus X. He admires the cigar, the band, and says its a pimp cigar and as I go to my drawer to get the lighter and cutter, he stuffs it in his pocket. I was like, "what are you doing?" and he says, "I'm scared I'll get sick off this cigar," so I tell him "Ok, I'll put it back in the humidor, you can't just leave it in your pocket." And the SOB was so cheap that he wouldn't give it back.

Sorry for the block paragraph btw
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I saw a guy smoking at a car show one day and asked him what it was. He said "well this is a cuban cigar." So first off, dont lie to me cuz San Lotano is not cuban. And if I ask what it is, just tell me a name please. Im not gonna steal it from you. I just smiled and walked away.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    LiquidChaos66:
    Here is mine

Client to his ride to the bank "Is the truck unlocked? I need one last cigar before my flight out."

Me *died inside*
    BOTL it may have been a missed opportunity to give him one of your Primo sticks :0 as you looked at the ss " how nice have you tried xyz"? No well here you go enjoy. And thank you for the ss.
  • christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    I wanted to share a moment with my neighbor. So i thought I'd give him a good cigar and a beer. He said thanks, and promptly chewed on the cigar unlit and put the beer in his shirt pocket. He said thanks and told me he had to get some stuff done. And so he left and never came back. A@@hole!
    Retircs1:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Here is mine

Me *died inside*
    BOTL it may have been a missed opportunity to give him one of your Primo sticks :0 as you looked at the ss " how nice have you tried xyz"? No well here you go enjoy. And thank you for the ss.

I wish I could have. I work at a bank and have no humi at work with me. Kinda wish I had a job where I could keep a small humidor with a stock pile of good sticks to give out. :(
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Some guy was smoking an authentic Cuban Cohiba and I asked what he was smoking. He said "An authentic Cuban Cohiba" pshhhhh ................... sad.
    danielzreyes:
    Some guy was smoking an authentic Cuban Cohiba and I asked what he was smoking. He said "An authentic Cuban Cohiba" pshhhhh ................... sad.

WTF how lame! psssshhhhhhh
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    Had a great one the other day. I'm always smoking by the landing/stairway at my apartment and a neighbor joined me and fired up a small cigar with his bic lighter. He asked about my stick, an Ave Maria, and I told him it was a really good example of a Nicaraguan, habano-style.

He tells me his cigar brand is a "corona," which is obviously a size. He also says the gas station he buys from has some of the best smokes he's ever had in his his life.

Having pity on his soul, I gave him an Ave Maria morning star (double perfecto size) to try.

When I inquired as to whether or not he enjoyed it a few days ago, he said the hole was too small for the smoke to come through.

It became obvious at this time that he had cut and lit the wrong end, and tried to smoke the tapered foot.

You can lead a man to good cigars, but you can't make him think.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    My uncle smokes ALOT of cigars. I mean like 8-10 a day! Been for years. We had a July get togather and I brought my travel humi loaded with goodies. Anejo, Tat 2012 etc I opened it up and said here try one of mine.he said "Nope I only smoke these...AyC Grenadiers!" YUCK!
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    LiquidChaos66:
    Retircs1:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Here is mine

Me *died inside*

I wish I could have. I work at a bank and have no humi at work with me. Kinda wish I had a job where I could keep a small humidor with a stock pile of good sticks to give out. :(
    a bank ? dam I thought all of them had a humi on the desk right after you put your Mil in their bank?
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Retircs1:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Retircs1:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Here is mine

Me *died inside*

a bank ? dam I thought all of them had a humi on the desk right after you put your Mil in their bank?

I can remember when banks were more of a family business with only 2 or 3 branches. They remembered your name and in my case made sure I deposited a few bucks to a savings account every time I went in. And the owner kept a humidor on his desk, and it was so popular with some of the clients he started (it may have been the first) to give them away with a new account. Sure do miss those kind of banks.