Home General Discussion

General takes another boutique

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Not looking forward to the eventual downhill slide of Torano. makes me sad...remember CAO before the buy out?? Used to be much better IMO before the sell out.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Getting kind of scary ain't it.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    yup...I really liked the Leccia cigars too...very disappointing. Not holding my breath when they say "nothing is gonna change" BS
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Krieg:
    yup...I really liked the Leccia cigars too...very disappointing. Not holding my breath when they say "nothing is gonna change" BS
    I honestly think Torano just bowed out. Sam Leccia however, has stated, and I tend to believe...that he is still in charge of the blending and mixing of his sticks.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    There's no lack of new boutiques.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    webmost:
    +1^^^^
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    mmccartneydc:
    webmost:
    +1^^^^

You have to wonder if (like start up software company's) they sally forth in the hopes of being bought up.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Right now, General and Swisher are on the look out for the smaller companies to sell out.
    I made the comment to Toombes a while ago about Swisher looking to purchase a few smaller cigar manufacturers and with the FDA rules trying to come about, I figured there would be a couple that would merge with the larger companies.
    Especially lines that are popular with the cigar smokers.
    The numbers make sense.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    0patience:
    Right now, General and Swisher are on the look out for the smaller companies to sell out.
    I made the comment to Toombes a while ago about Swisher looking to purchase a few smaller cigar manufacturers and with the FDA rules trying to come about, I figured there would be a couple that would merge with the larger companies.
    The numbers make sense.
    Totally agree with you.wife and were talking about it and figure some companies are concerned about the future of there gas station cigars and trying to stay in the industry if they lose that.
    0patience:
    The numbers make sense.
    Swisher bought Drew Estate
    New Boots:
    Krieg:
    I honestly think Torano just bowed out. Sam Leccia however, has stated, and I tend to believe...that he is still in charge of the blending and mixing of his sticks.
    Yeah...tell that to Ernesto Perez - Crillo...he said the samething and look what happened there.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Krieg:
    New Boots:
    Krieg:
    Yeah...tell that to Ernesto Perez - Crillo...he said the samething and look what happened there.
    Well, nobody can predict the future...and money talks...every time.