Home Cigar 101

Pancakes

youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
I am a very dry smoker. Nasty, juicy, cigar tar is something everyone deals with occasionally when attempting to 'nub' a fine stick.

Often times, towards the end of a smoke, I will perform a second cut.

The idea, is to clear away some of the buildup that accumulates during the natural course of smoking. I find that this will bring a certain, small amount of freshness back and make the end of the smoke a little more enjoyable.

Maybe it's silly, but it works great with torpedos and has kept my smoke dry and delicious many times so I thought I would share.

Happy Pancaking!

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Nice. I like it. I'm more of a bacon kind of guy but if I do pancake, I like em in stacks.
    photo BA95106A-orig.jpg
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    danielzreyes:
    Nice. I like it. I'm more of a bacon kind of guy but if I do pancake, I like em in stacks.
    photo BA95106A-orig.jpg
    Research? Haha at least you didn't make stacks of Padroncakes.

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Ive tried such things.... and ended up loosing a wrapper to peel. depends on the cigar I suppose. I prefer a punch but i like to punch real deep and leave a cavity. seems to thave the same effect for me.

Aj
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Never had this problem but I really never nub it...usually it's not good enough to nub.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    youngryan216:
    Research? Haha at least you didn't make stacks of Padroncakes.

Ah damnit!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Never had this problem but I really never nub it...usually it's not good enough to nub.
    Same here. Very rarely do I go through the effort to keep smoking a cigar to the nub.
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Same here. Very rarely do I go through the effort to keep smoking a cigar to the nub.
    Sometimes, when it's right, I can't put it down. :)
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    youngryan216:
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Ditto. But ive never had this problem. Though im a "wet" smoker if that matters.really never saw any tar or resin on my cigars.
    wahooschock:
    youngryan216:
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Ditto. But ive never had this problem. Though im a "wet" smoker if that matters.really never saw any tar or resin on my cigars.
    Wet smokers disgust me haha, but to each his own. You paid for it, you could put it in your ear if you want. I am really just talking about clearing away the wetness that happens as you smoke. I literally cut it so its dry again.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    lol in my case its not intentional. just so tasty it makes me salivate. lol doesn't get ont the stick cause I spit
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    I love those new pumpkin pancakes at Denny's!! They are fantastics serve them with a liitle sweet cinnamon whip cream...so tasty ooh wait not those kinda ..OK..never mind..
    twistedstem:
    I love those new pumpkin pancakes at Denny's!! They are fantastics serve them with a liitle sweet cinnamon whip cream...so tasty ooh wait not those kinda ..OK..never mind..
    Pancake Puppies FTW! Ever have the red velvet ones? Omnomnomnom
  • LeftOversLeftOvers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    i love pancakes the nexxt day