Home Non Cigar Related

I'm recording an album

2»

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Fantastic!! I loved the original and yours in great !!
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    blutattoo:
    After your pre-amble I thought it was gonna be marginal and I'd have to say something nice just cuz, but damn son you got talent. Legit talent! I'd pay to go see your show. Good luck with the album. Is it going to be all original material? What kind of genre?
    Hahah I like to keep expectations low. Thanks for the encouragement brothers, my album is going to be all original material that I wrote myself.
    As far as what it sounds like, I guess it's folk/blues/pop sort of. I'm a big fan of singer/songwriters like Jeff Buckley and Nick Drake.
    I'm just aiming for authenticity and hopefully the genre figures itself out.

I bought this today because the studio uses an RE-20 for a dynamic mic and I'm almost as picky with mics as I am with cigars. Almost. image
    Employee #594 worked a double shift today. It felt so good to play some loud guitar today brothers. . .soo good.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Gratz to you sir, LIVE THE DREAM!! As an ex musician, recording your own stuff and playin it on stage is better than just about anything this little space rock(earth) has to offer
    I'll have a vid to share soon. Been working hard on this album. Music is the best and worst job. You basically have to decide if you want to go on American Idol or try to be your own man -- be an artist.

I chose the latter, and I am broke as a joke right now, but strong moves slow my friends. Strong moves slow.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Do it how you want to, screw everyone else on the planet!!!! Might not get paid, but your soul will love you for it. And yes it is the best and worst job all rolled into one, groupies, fame and regular people treating you like a loser cuz you play guitar....ah youre making me teary eyed LOL