Home Non Cigar Related

Couple Stupid Questions

One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
I searched but I could not find an answer so I hope y'all can help my dumb ass, lol. What are the green bars next to a poster's name? I assume it is some sort of reputation system, however, I can't see any way of affecting it on people's posts.

Second, when you look at someone's profile and check "recent posts" it has a "post rank". I can't figure out what this is.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the green bars seem to represent the number of posts you have. if you are in the top post rank all of the bars are full. if you are in the next post rank all but one are green...

as far as post rank goes... i think that is done by percent of the forum that your posts represent.

i could be wrong.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I've never been able to figure it out. I don't typically pay much attention to it.

But, since there are 8 bars there, they could represent days of the week that you're posting on here and people like Kuzi are just on here twice on Sundays! LOL!

Just messin with you Kuzi. ;-)
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Hm.... Kuzi's ranks is 1 and mine is 4... I certainly don't think my posts amass to that much... Its interesting..
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    WOOHOO top ten baby. I'm ranked 8.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Yeah if you look at mine I'm ranked 1 as well (move over Kuzi!) I think it has to do with the number of posts as well as time on here. Maybe the Alex cuold help out with this one ...
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    Yeah if you look at mine I'm ranked 1 as well (move over Kuzi!) I think it has to do with the number of posts as well as time on here. Maybe the Alex cuold help out with this one ...
    Number 2 !! I must be doing something wrong :)
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Well, I'm at a post rank of a whopping 128. 128 of what, I don't know.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    No idea here, but I am number 32
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Cool, I'm ranked 16. So that's like a B- or a C+ maybe?

I can live with that. I've been a cigar citizen here for over a year and a half, I'm good with top 20.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    nightmaremike31:
    Cool, I'm ranked 16. So that's like a B- or a C+ maybe?

I can live with that. I've been a cigar citizen here for over a year and a half, I'm good with top 20.

Dang, if a post rank of 16 is a C+, I must be like an F -. Great, I'm an epic fail.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    I'm number 2 as well... no idea what it all means though.
    Where are you guys coming up with this ranking thing???? What's my rank??? I need to set goals for the rest of year, damnit! What's my rank? I'm so lost......
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    post more
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    post more
    No, it must mean something different then that. As far as post goes I am 10 last time I looked bot still wasn't in the top 10 on the Green Bar scale???

I think it's just some bling, to keep us monkey's interested.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    clearlysuspect:
    Where are you guys coming up with this ranking thing???? What's my rank??? I need to set goals for the rest of year, damnit! What's my rank? I'm so lost......

Phil your a 4. Click on your name then recent posts , your ranking is there ...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    post more
    No, it must mean something different then that. As far as post goes I am 10 last time I looked bot still wasn't in the top 10 on the Green Bar scale???

I think it's just some bling, to keep us monkey's interested.
    who you calling a monkey!!!!!...... ;-)
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the rank. Mine's a 16 and I have fewer posts than several other members.

Can someone from ccom shed some light on this?
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    The green bars are for you contribuitions. The more post, the more green bars. Hold your mouse over it and it'll say something like "Top 75 contributer"

I don't believe there are stupid questions, just stupid people...JK :) I had to put that!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I'm post rank 4 - no idea why.
    gmill880:
    clearlysuspect:

Phil your a 4. Click on your name then recent posts , your ranking is there ...
    Sweeeeeeet! But is that #4 in the AP Poll, Coaches Poll, or BCS? And that's kinda scary actually cause the #4 teams have gotten knocked off a lot this year! Am I next? I gotta watch my back!