Home General Discussion

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Looks very very nice, but I dislike a lack of age statement
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Jetmech_63:
    photo F39AD1D6-4BBA-4F16-9F26-EABD6E62448E.jpg
    I love Ya Vinny but F you, just F you lol. That looks amazing bro and hope you enjoy would love to read a write up of what you think when you try it!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I literally went up into the hills and figuratively stumbled upon a moonshine still. Short Mountain Distillery. They have a website and youtube videos if you want to check them out. shortmountaindistillery.com Their stuff is available regionally. (Tennessee & Georgia only, I think.) I want to go back and tour the distillery when I can and I plan to buy some of their regular "shine"
    as soon as I can locate some. For now, I found this "Apple Pie"
    at my local liquor store. It's pretty good. It's mild as a cocktail mix of apple juice and or cider etc plus moonshine, (40 proof). I don't have any great hopes that it would pair well with cigars but, maybe. image
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Valentine's gift from the wife yesterday.
    photo BFE31B64-14D3-4F30-9EBD-F8D60A48A1DD_zps7aaidxwe.jpg
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    amz1301:
    Valentine's gift from the wife yesterday.
    photo BFE31B64-14D3-4F30-9EBD-F8D60A48A1DD_zps7aaidxwe.jpg

Have never tried the chocolate cigars, but the Chestnut Farms is some good bourbon. Nice gifts
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Yesterday and today.
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Edna20:
    Yesterday and today.
    You are just on a roll
    Edna20:
    Yesterday and today.
    Outstanding stuff very very nice!!
    Picked up these two six packs on a firesale and picked up this nice bottle of wine for the Missus for Vday this past Sunday. Been busy and some other stuff on my mind so a bit delayed to post...

Picked this up because it's the first place I've seen the barrel Strength. Liquor stores in my county kinda suck. I'm on a cigar buying hiatus, said nothing about whiskey, lol. Cigars aren't going well either :-/

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Edna20:
    Picked this up because it's the first place I've seen the barrel Strength. Liquor stores in my county kinda suck. I'm on a cigar buying hiatus, said nothing about whiskey, lol. Cigars aren't going well either :-/

Nice pick up. I haven't tried that recipe yet. I do have it though. But been trying to cut down on my open bottles before opening a new one.
    Edna20:

Kelly you are on a tear, fantastic pick up and that was outstanding choice there and hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Oh and very very cool pictures, love the wood in the background and the inlay in that!
    90+ Irishman:
    Kelly you are on a tear, fantastic pick up and that was outstanding choice there and hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Oh and very very cool pictures, love the wood in the background and the inlay in that!

Thanks Brett, that table weighs about 100 lbs (ok, maybe not exactly, but it's solid wood has thick legs and is pretty darn heavy). I've loved it since the day my sister bought it. When she was moving and didn't want it, I took it. I must've moved that thing to 10 different places over the years. Happy now to be in a house that we won't be moving out of for a while and that it has a nice dining room to go in!!! And my husband was able to fix the broken leg :)
    Edna20:
    90+ Irishman:

Thanks Brett, that table weighs about 100 lbs (ok, maybe not exactly, but it's solid wood has thick legs and is pretty darn heavy). I've loved it since the day my sister bought it. When she was moving and didn't want it, I took it. I must've moved that thing to 10 different places over the years. Happy now to be in a house that we won't be moving out of for a while and that it has a nice dining room to go in!!! And my husband was able to fix the broken leg :)
    Awesome and i dont even want ask how y'all broke rhe table's leg to begin with in the first place though i doubt i would have to ask anyways lmao hahahahaha ;)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Jetmech_63:
    SALE!!!!!!photo 37D2EB0E-24F8-4D4D-A318-DAECE6421411.jpg
    Woohoo!!
    Jetmech_63:
    SALE!!!!!!photo 37D2EB0E-24F8-4D4D-A318-DAECE6421411.jpg
    Awesome job Vinny nice grab I do love me some Woodford!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    One of these days I'll reinstall photo bucket or something so I can post pictures again Today I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 and a handle of Bulleit Rye to make some darn tasty Manhattan's with
    Got a Four Roses Barrel Strength that Brett picked up for me. Its OESO 10yr. Its the front one in the pic.

JHewey:
    Got a Four Roses Barrel Strength that Brett picked up for me. Its OESO 10yr. Its the front one in the pic.

Glad it got there safe!!
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:

Glad it got there safe!!
    Good looking out, Brett! Looks like Justin has a nice Four Roses collection going!
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:

Glad it got there safe!!
    Good looking out, Brett! Looks like Justin has a nice Four Roses collection going!
    Thanks. I have another one of the half empty one coming. And there is a couple other recipes I wanna pick up. But that's eventually. So if you come across OESV or OBSO. Let me know.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Rain:
    Bingo. Loving the Mass Effect trolling. It's my all time favorite games
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    It's a perfect mix of all my nerdy vices.
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Way too tired to take a pic but I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small batch and Elijah Craig small batch 12 year.
    avengethis:
    Way too tired to take a pic but I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small batch and Elijah Craig small batch 12 year.
    Damn good choices there Brad, besides the Elijah Craig (I really need to pick up a bottle of this finally lol) I have those and love the Four Roses, the longer I have the bottle open and getting some air to mix with it then it keeps getting smoother and sweeter each time.
    Finally was able to locate a bottle of this in Colorado, first time yet and glad I located it finally!

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    rsherman24:
    Awesome grab, what's your take on it?!