Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Urgent Mission!

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
My brother in law is big into cigars just like I am. Part of the reason I got heavy into them and enjoy them so much is because I smoke with him and my father in law at family gatherings. We hadn't seen each other for about a year so we planned on meeting at the in laws for the new year. I ended up sick with sick kids and staying home. Brother in law takes his family to my in laws and they arrive and are sick the entire time they are there. They left to head back home today and arrived to find their house had been robbed and destroyed.

The scumbags not only stole everything that was of any value they also spent time eating all his food and drinking all his booze and crapping in his toilet. And if they couldn't be any lower they even broke into my 4 year old niece's piggy bank and stole all her money. They ransacked the entire house. Took the time to disassemble his tv mounted to the wall. He has 2 teenagers as well that had all their things taken too.

I know he is too proud to ask for help. As a matter of fact he said he came into this world with nothing and will leave with nothing. Obviously these people needed those things more. That doesn't change the fact his family is terrorized and scared to even stay in their own home.

If any of you can help in anyway I am hoping to replace his humidor, accessories, and cigars. If anyone has a gift card they won't be using or can think of any other donation that would be great too. Anything along those lines would be appreciated. Unfortunately his insurance company canceled his policy on him due to living in tornado alley. I am sure cigars are the least of his worries right now but I think it would lift his spirits and give him a moment to relax dealing with all this. No set timeline. Message me if you can help out. Thank you!

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Pm me is addy and I'll get something out to him
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Just got off the phone with him and man they cleaned him out good. They took everything except the furniture and either moved it all over days or had a large truck. A few items took at least 2 people to move. I told him I was going to work on trying to help replace his sticks and humidor at least and he said anything would be much appreciated.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I'm in of course my friend! Pm that addy
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I think have some extra accessory's I can pass along. Send the addy pls and I will put together a little something.
    PM's answered. Most of you know I was a cop for 11 years previously. This just makes me sick. We used to live close but he is in Oklahoma and we are in Missouri. I am going to collect all packages and deliver them in person to surprise him. One reason being they are not sure if they will stay there. They were already looking at moving and this may expedite that decision. I'll get some pics of the delivery to share with you all. If you already have my address just put Ray Wilson C/O my name and address. He just restocked off cbid and of course Christmas. They took all the Christmas presents and anything with any value.

He is my brother in law but he is also my BOTL and a good friend.
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    I'm in, I'm probably going to go the gift card route! If that's ok. I'm thinking a gc from best buy to help get him closer to replacing that TV!
    thehilk:
    I'm in, I'm probably going to go the gift card route! If that's ok. I'm thinking a gc from best buy to help get him closer to replacing that TV!
    Brother that would be freaking sweet. I am fired up and can't sleep. Worrying about this and how upset his kids are. I hate scumbags.
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    What does he enjoy? Is he a Viaje whore too?
    Stubble:
    What does he enjoy? Is he a Viaje whore too?
    He does like Viaje but he isn't obsessed like me. He is big into Padron, AF, Liga, Tat, LFD, Cain, illusione but he also likes a good bargain stick. He won't turn away a Gurkha or 5 Vegas.
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    Sounds good....that will help!!
    Stubble:
    Sounds good....that will help!!
    I got him into Viaje. I do share believe it or not haha. Actually that is probably what I am throwing in with some others. He had just found a shop with them near his work and stocked up. He also just stocked up with Padron and a ton of stuff from the devil site.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    PM to you, sir.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I'm Jakey Cakes.... No PM needed I have your addy.
    kingjk729:
    I'm in Jakey Cakes.... No PM needed I have your addy.
    Thanks buddy.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Coming your way, Jake. Some sticks for Ray and gift cards for each of the kids. Wish I could do more, but I hope this helps to encourage them.

9114 9999 4423 8631 0334 40
    Puff_Dougie:
    Coming your way, Jake. Some sticks for Ray and gift cards for each of the kids. Wish I could do more, but I hope this helps to encourage them.

9114 9999 4423 8631 0334 40
    Anything is appreciated. Thanks for helping me out with this.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I'm Jakey Cakes.... No PM needed I have your addy.
    Thank you all for the help. Actually brought tears to my brother in laws eyes. He can't believe we all chipped in to do this for him. He is trying to replace all the household items and kids' stuff first so his things are way at the bottom of the list and a long ways off from being replaced. He sends his extreme thanks. They have a suspect which happened to be my nephew's friend and a juvenile but so far nothing has been recovered. I want to thank you all too. Ray is a BOTL and my smoking buddy. We used to live close but he lives in another state now. We always smoke at any family get togethers with my father in law.

This is what was collected. Includes several notes and a few gift cards a cutter and a lighter. There may be a couple straggler packages out there so I will update again if necessary.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Nice job guys, kudo's. Straggler hmmm, I resemble that remark