Home General Discussion

Cigar Factory New Orleans - fill me in

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
So a friend brought me these after his mom went to New Orleans. I know it's been AT LEAST a week since he has had them. Dry as a bone sadly. Am I missing out on a good thing with these?

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Not sure what you mean? Throw them in the Humi and give em a couple months.
    If your asking if they are an incredible stick, and should you pursue getting more, Id say no. But each of us has our own tastes, Very thoughtful gesture though!
    Walk a little further down Bourbon street then hang a right on Orleans St, there youll find Crescent City cigar. Go in, pick a cigar, kick back and enjoy!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Crescent City is a cool little shop with a good selection and atmosphere. Never heard of the other place though.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    The Kid:
    If your asking if they are an incredible stick, and should you pursue getting more, Id say no. But each of us has our own tastes, Very thoughtful gesture though!
    Walk a little further down Bourbon street then hang a right on Orleans St, there youll find Crescent City cigar. Go in, pick a cigar, kick back and enjoy!

yeah the fact that they specifically stopped there to grab a couple sticks for me... Made my day. :) they are in my herfador right now with a 65% boveda and will stay there for quite some time. Lol I wasn't sure if these were supposed to be amazing cigars or if they were run of the mill sticks. Either way the gift is what mattered to me :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    The Kid:
    jsnake:
    Crescent City is a cool little shop with a good selection and atmosphere. Never heard of the other place though.
    yes... this is true.
    Armando is a good guy. they also sell Elogio cigars. make sure to try those. the Elogio Serie Habano is one of my favorite cigars... especially after a few years of age.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    LiquidChaos66:
    The Kid:

I wasn't sure if these were supposed to be amazing cigars or if they were run of the mill sticks. Either way the gift is what mattered to me :)
    I would say they are amazing in the fact that they were gifted to you by friends. I wouldnt call them a run of the mill stick as one can only find those in New Orleans, and they are good enough where I wouldnt call them a novelty. I hope they bounce back (i think they will) and you are able to enjoy at least one and then maybe save one to remember the thought.

Crescent city also has a pretty good selection of Viaje for those of you that enjoy those ,, I wont mention any names,,cough cough JSNAKE, But Im sure he already knows that ;o)
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    I got one of those with the black band sitting in my Humi that a buddy brought back for me. Haven't tried it yet but will get to it one day
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    I smoked a couple awhile back....nothing memorable about them....your average yard/fishing 'gar.