Home General Discussion

humidor xettings

mgaydos802mgaydos802 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
I live in VT and find it near impossible to keep my humidor at 70/70. It gets very dry up here in the winter and I am wondering if there is a better way to keep the humidity up without spraying the inside with water every 2-3 days.
All suggestions are appreciated.
Mike Gaydos
West Berlin, VT

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    mgaydos802:
    I live in VT and find it near impossible to keep my humidor at 70/70. It gets very dry up here in the winter and I am wondering if there is a better way to keep the humidity up without spraying the inside with water every 2-3 days. All suggestions are appreciated. Mike Gaydos West Berlin, VT
    Couple of questions first:

1. What are you using for humidity?
    2. What kind of humidor is it?
    3. How many cigars do you have in there?

Couple of quick suggestions:

1. get a few boveda packets and see if that helps
    2. if not get a shotglass and fill it with water and let it sit in there.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Spray water in there? I wouldn't do that unless you are talking about rewetting your humidification device. Brianetz1 nailed it with his questions and suggestions. I personally would go with the Boveda packs. They are inexpensive and easy. How many you need depends on size. They can get you through the winter months.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    + on the Boveda packs. Are you getting a good seal? Goggle up the dollar bill test and check your seal. Digital hydration gauge is a must also. In the winter and with wood heat i set my humidors into a cooler to control the ambient humidy. Good luck