Home Non Cigar Related

after 2 minutes and a "shout out"...

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
Obama finally addresses the massacre at Ft. Hood after babbling on for 2 minutes thanking everyone for putting on the event; and offering a "shout out" with a wry grin. What a wonderful human being we have for a president. Go to hell, Mr. Obama.

Comments

• BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    cabinetmaker:
    ...Go to hell, Mr. Obama.

Love it! Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Absolutely second that sentiment ...( A-hole)
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    gmill880:
    Absolutely second that sentiment ...( A-hole)
    Of course he's an A-Hole to talk all that Sh*t
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    cabinetmaker:
    Obama finally addresses the massacre at Ft. Hood after babbling on for 2 minutes thanking everyone for putting on the event; and offering a "shout out" with a wry grin. What a wonderful human being we have for a president. Go to hell, Mr. Obama.
    link to the speech on line anywhere?
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    4bob4:
    cabinetmaker:
    link to the speech on line anywhere?
    i think its this one http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-closing-tribal-nations-conference
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    No apologies and or words of sorrow for the tragedy of people dying in a thousand different ways every day either. Hell, not even an apology for not apologizing your everyone's specifications. Of course if he would have given a 30 minute speech showing his feelings....we would have been appaled that he spent so much time away from governing the way it is believed he should. The man cant win for anything he does is my sole point...this proves it.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    don't get me started on him, what a sack of crap. MTV and Oprah voted him in and we have to live with it. At least Clinton enjoyed a cigar, this guy blows.
    We were much better off with Presidents elected by Jesus and Ted Haggard....oh the good ol days of Halliburton.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    *** you Barack Huessein you POS! Now I imagine I will disappear soon for that statement. The secret police will snatch me away for speaking out against the Commie.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    jsnake:
    *** you Barack Huessein you POS! Now I imagine I will disappear soon for that statement. The secret police will snatch me away for speaking out against the Commie.
    Well, if the Fairness Doctine was to be put in place, you might be required to retract that statement till we had more support for that, as you eloquently put it, POS.
    jsnake:
    Youll be fine snake....Since they outlawed the illegal imprisonment of citizens without cause-----(ie the repeal of certain points of the Patriot Act) your allowed to speak out again. Youre even allowed to protest at public speeches, not kept away up to 1000 yards and prescreen all participants.....again, ie the Bush/Cheney years.
    I am at least somewhat amused however, because these statements are even more ill-hearted, unintelligent, and without any basis or fact than most of my posts are accused of being:)
    No offense Vulchor but I just personally think he is a worthless POS and it is based solely on my own opinion. Nothing he can do, nothing anyone can say will ever change how I feel about him.
    Vulchor, I'm new so I don't want to offend you but there is a sentiment felt throughout our nation that our leader is more of a pop star than an individual who, through their actions and not speeches, is a true leader. someone who is deserving of the office in which he is placed. Yes, he has the toughest job in the world, and yes the politicians are corrupt on BOTH sides. Not just the right. Green business shuffles just as much "Agenda Money" to the left as corporations do to the right. But with that said, He created more debt for us, wants to force us to pay for someone elses health care, as if paying for people on welfare isn't enough, and wants to loosen up lending again on homes so we can have another rash of people buying homes that have no business buying them which is what caused the mortgage crisis. Good decision making by him.........
    this is by no means meant to put you on the spot and if you feel that way, I apologize, as we are all brothers here. maybe we should just keep all political comments out of here.
    dennisking:
    Vulchor, I'm new so I don't want to offend you but there is a sentiment felt throughout our nation that our leader is more of a pop star than an individual who, through their actions and not speeches, is a true leader. someone who is deserving of the office in which he is placed. Yes, he has the toughest job in the world, and yes the politicians are corrupt on BOTH sides. Not just the right. Green business shuffles just as much "Agenda Money" to the left as corporations do to the right. But with that said, He created more debt for us, wants to force us to pay for someone elses health care, as if paying for people on welfare isn't enough, and wants to loosen up lending again on homes so we can have another rash of people buying homes that have no business buying them which is what caused the mortgage crisis. Good decision making by him.........
    this is by no means meant to put you on the spot and if you feel that way, I apologize, as we are all brothers here. maybe we should just keep all political comments out of here.
    Not at all Dennis, not your fault your a moron:)LOL!!!J/k.....I will say there is some sentiment like that----the same sentriment that made W out to be a bumbling fool when in fact he is a very intelligent man. Debt created by Obama has been created by all administrations, but if he didnt create this debt and handouts (which I am not saying I agree with) and a full scale depression ensured-----he would have been crucified for not doing more. As far as the mortgage crisis none of us here are qualified to say why it happened and there are hundreds of ideas as to what caused it----all have some validity and all have some failures. To blame all on him, all on Bush, or all on anyone is a rash decision. Blame is wide ranging across race, sex, socioeconomic class, ect. No common ground can be found unfortunately, so I just hope for a better few years while preparing for less.
    Thanks...now give me some of that d@mn drink in your glass I keep seeing up here.
    Dennis as long as you can have intelligent debate without name calling you are free to speak your mind. We all still like each other and realize as individuals we all have to agree to disagree.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    According to the link that Nyhc posted it he did talk about it for 3/4 of his speech.
    but as some of you might have heard, there has been a tragic shooting at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas. We don't yet know all the details at this moment; we will share them as we get them. What we do know is that a number of American soldiers have been killed, and even more have been wounded in a horrific outburst of violence. My immediate thoughts and prayers are with the wounded and with the families of the fallen, and with those who live and serve at Fort Hood. These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk and at times give their lives to protect the rest of us on a daily basis. It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas. It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil. I've spoken to Secretary Gates and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, and I will continue to receive a constant stream of updates as new information comes in. We are working with the Pentagon, the FBI, and the Department of Homeland Security, all to ensure that Fort Hood is secure, and we will continue to support the community with the full resources of the federal government. In the meantime, I would ask all Americans to keep the men and women of Fort Hood in your thoughts and prayers. We will make sure that we get answers to every single question about this horrible incident. And I want all of you to know that as Commander-in-Chief, there's no greater honor but also no greater responsibility for me than to make sure that the extraordinary men and women in uniform are properly cared for and that their safety and security when they are at home is provided for. So we are going to stay on this. But I hope in the meantime that all of you recognize the scope of this tragedy, and keep everybody in their thoughts and prayers. Again, thank you for your participation here today. I am confident that this is going to be resulting in terrific work between this government and your governments in the weeks, the months, and years to come. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America. (Applause.)
    While I don't feel that is enough it is almost hard to say what is. Our men and women of uniform are dieing here on the soils of the United States.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Religion and Politics, it's always hard to agree. But, we can disagree and still be friends. Time for a group hug!
    jsnake:
    Dennis as long as you can have intelligent debate without name calling you are free to speak your mind. We all still like each other and realize as individuals we all have to agree to disagree.
    And if we get drunk enough some nights, we can even call each other f*ckfaces and not worry about it til morning :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I have to say that as far as cigars go, you all are okay with me, but other than that you people really need to get your heads screwed on right. F**k obama? Why exactly? I'm really getting sick of all this crap. I'm not thrilled with a lot of what the admin is doing but at least it's something. I wish Washington was easier but I mean come on. Cabinetmaker, I mean calling him a piece of sh*t because of complimenting people and such? Giving a speech? What exactly is one to say about this whole event? There isn't much. Saying that you give prayers and condolences is all one can do, but it's not enough. Nothing really is. This isn't the first time soldiers have killed soldiers and it won't be the last. The thing is tragic, but there isn't much to say. Saying F*ck obama based on what?
    dennisking:
    No obama didn't create more debt. Bush did, in fact he passed legislation that but around 1.3 or so trilion dollars in tax cuts (wasn't paid for), 2 wars (one was lied into being fought) not paid for, those of us who already have health care pay for the uninsured anyway and my coverage goes up every year and I get less for it (that's really how it should be right), and saying that people buying houses when they shouldn't be is just plain ignorant. My aunt for example had her mortgage go up from 900 and change to 2200 hundred dollars because of the tactics used by the banks when she bought her house.Was it her fault she couldn't pay? She doesn't have the money for an attorney to handle her affairs (I don't) so what the bank told her she believed. If you own a house did you read every paragraph of your agreement? I never have and even if I did I doubt I would be able to understand all of it, I'm no banker or loan officer. So according to you my aunt shouldn't have bought a house? Yeah real smart of you, and grown up. I'm sick of hearing this Sh*t. Can she still afford her payment, yes, thankfully as she does make good money but it's F*cking BS that this crap happened to people. This wasn't Obama's fault it was in good part due to the great regulations of the banks in the last admin.
    I fear its going to be more failed ideas of the same for us Squirrel....but thanks again for trying to "keep it real" for those of us who can see life for what it is...not for what FOX News tells us it should be.
    Vulchor:
    I fear its going to be more failed ideas of the same for us Squirrel....but thanks again for trying to "keep it real" for those of us who can see life for what it is...not for what FOX News tells us it should be.
    I tell you buddy, as a former republican, and a current Independent I am getting really fed up with all this Sh*t being flung around here. Every time I get into this section I hear nothing but lies and or crap being strung. I'm about ready to call it quits here. Hey I'll be the first to say I don't love Obama but it's not all his fault and yes I do think he could be tougher on things but I mean something as basic as getting everyone the ability to "CHOOSE" something other than a RAPE my AS* every month/year and raise my rates on the hope I can get or keep my coverage Private Company says a lot of our current government and the way it is ran.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well I'm not going to get too radical and carried away like a few people here have (on both sides of the subject), but I will actually say that I didn't care for President Obama's speech, but it had absolutely nothing to do with his ability to be President, and honestly not much to do with him at all because he didn't write the words he spoke. He was just reading what a speech writer came up with for him just like every other President in history. I can't bash him for this simply because as sad and horrible as this incident was, his public responce really has little impact on anything crucial in the world.
    Amen Squirrel....People forget here I am still a registered Republican....but dont really fit the bill for the party anymore because I am a free thinker.
    PuroFreak:
    Well I'm not going to get too radical and carried away like a few people here have, but I will actually say that I didn't care for President Obama's speech, but it had absolutely nothing to do with his ability to be President, and honestly not much to do with him at all because he didn't write the words he spoke. He was just reading what a speech writer came up with for him just like every other President in history. I can't bash him for this simply because as sad and horrible as this incident was, his public responce really has little impact on anything crucial in the world.
    I thought the speech was fine....but toally agree Puro that in the grand scheme this has such little impact it isnt worth discussing.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Vulchor:
    jsnake:
    Youll be fine snake....Since they outlawed the illegal imprisonment of citizens without cause-----(ie the repeal of certain points of the Patriot Act) your allowed to speak out again. Youre even allowed to protest at public speeches, not kept away up to 1000 yards and prescreen all participants.....again, ie the Bush/Cheney years.

Ummm yeeaah right ...your allowed to speak your mind. However if you don't agree with Mr Obama then your thoughts/speech are ill-hearted, unitelligent and with no basis ( I think your comments pretty well sum up the Democrats position for anyone dis agreeing with the current administration ) Vulchor. Why is that my friend ? How do you know what is in anothers heart , what their level of education/common sense is and how can you (or I for that matter) tell whether their is basis for their comment ? No one setting here on this forum unless your active in politics (maybe we have a Senator in our midst and don't know it or a Congressman or a lobbyist ) knows all the behind the scenes details of what is going on. So therefore I can't see any merit to that comment. In my opinion (and thats all it is) free speech is being held hostage at this time. If this administration were more concerned with running the country than worrying about equal air time for their views and this President more worried about the welfare and wellbeing and security of the citizens of this nation than being so cutesy and funny and showing what a great sense of humor he has and how popular he is then I think we would be headed in the right direction. A lot has been made of Mr Obama's limited political experience. There have been Presidents elected before with very little in the way of "political experience". There was a first President of America, every Senator, Congressman , etc was elected to a first term with no experience in that job , some of them sucked and were not re-elected and some of them were willing to learn from those who came before them and some of them learned on their own thru their willingness to work hard and their own tenacity and went on to become great leaders and contributed a great deal to this great country. Can Mr Obama do this ? He certainly could be a good leader if he applied himself and worked toward it and was willing to listen , experience, delegate , and surround himself with the people with the most knowledge/credibility in key positions throughout his administration. Having been elected President does NOT qualify you to be President ! An auto czar , a banking czar , all these czars , really !!! The first thing Mr Obama needs to realize is he was elected OUR President, not the Democrats President or Oprah's President , or Michelles President or Chicago's President or whoevers President ...He was elected the President of the United States of Ameica including ALL the people ...the black,the white,the native americans,the immigrants,the asians,the eskimo's, the Mexican, the Latinos , the smart , the smart a_sses, the dumb, the humble, the elite, the down trodden, the privileged, the un educated, the abused , the everyday guy and gal and child on the street and every damn American in between on US and foreign soil !!! Act like you care about us all and lead , do not be led by idealistic nonsense . We the people , or the country for that matter ,do not have the time for recklessness and abandonment of the principles this country was built on. Some will say "but wait times have changed since our forefathers" to this I say sound Govt guided by sound minds , sound decisions based on common sense (not the fartherment of a political career), and perhaps when faced with a seemingly impossible situation ( I know your not going to like this Volchur) Bending one's head in prayer to God may not be a bad option , and it doesn't matter what color of a President you are or what nationality/background you came from. I think most Americans are smart enough to realize a good man and a good President for that matter who leads and heals and grows our nation , protects its citizens and defends our country transcends(sp) any racial ignorance ...thats just my two cents worth and by the length of this post I think I got my moneys worth !!!
    I didn't base my statement off of his speech alone. I think the guy is a racist, communist, lying piece of crap. It is my own opinion that doesn't need any other explanation or facts to back it up.

gmill880 that was well written and thought out.