Home Non Cigar Related

Really need prayers

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Prayers to you, your family and good wife Carla. She's in good hands, take care of yourself there and drive carefully.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Keeping you, Carla and family in my thoughts!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Thoughts and prayers continuing for Carla, you, and family Rick. Hang in there, Bro... ??
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    You got it brother.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Glock1975:
    So sorry Rick, thoughts and prayers. Columbus Ohio? Which hospital?
    Shes at the new James building at OSU. It's a top notch facility. Doesn't look good for her to be able to come home this weekend. All her counts are way down so unless there's a miracle it looks like she'll have to spend another week there. Wish I could take another week off but we don't really got a choice now. These are the moments when my job really sucks.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rhamlin:
    Glock1975:
    Shes at the new James building at OSU. It's a top notch facility. Doesn't look good for her to be able to come home this weekend. All her counts are way down so unless there's a miracle it looks like she'll have to spend another week there. Wish I could take another week off but we don't really got a choice now. These are the moments when my job really sucks.
    That is a world class facility Rick, she's in good care there.
    jgibv:
    Rhamlin:
    Glock1975:
    Thats what we were told if anyone can help her they can. That is a world class facility Rick, she's in good care there.
    Can you sign up for FLMA at work? Where I work you don't get paid but can take time off or leave work at anytime. Used to get called at work and have to leave or take random days off quite a bit. May ease your mind a little at work having this option to be able to leave and be with family. Best thing Clinton did signing this into law. God Bless you and Carla.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    My thoughts and prayers to you and Carla Ricky. Your job has an element of danger, be careful.
    The3Stogies:
    Can you sign up for FLMA at work? Where I work you don't get paid but can take time off or leave work at anytime. Used to get called at work and have to leave or take random days off quite a bit. May ease your mind a little at work having this option to be able to leave and be with family. Best thing Clinton did signing this into law. God Bless you and Carla.
    no I'm a towboat pilot so when I'm at work I'm usually a long way off and it takes at least a day or two in order to get off the boat.
    Rhamlin:
    The3Stogies:
    no I'm a towboat pilot so when I'm at work I'm usually a long way off and it takes at least a day or two in order to get off the boat.

Be safe at work brother, your mind is elsewhere.
    The3Stogies:
    Rhamlin:
    The3Stogies:

Be safe at work brother, your mind is elsewhere.
    I know, it's tough sometimes having to put work first in your mind when there's bad *** happening in your life. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the public. She's pretty bummed out because her hair started falling out today. So I'll be donning the bald look soon to show my support. Though it's not as big a deal for me since I got a lot less of it. Gonna have to cut my trip short a day because of the storm coming in tomorrow hopefully we can stay till late tomorrow and be able to stay in front of it going home.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Been keeping you in my prayers and on my mind. I know what you are going through. When my wife came home with the diagnosis the whole family agreed to stay upbeat and not bring it up every time we got together. Even before she started her treatment she went and had all her hair cut off, of course we had a little fun with that, because she did it and it didn't happen because of the treatment. We even found a couple of wigs and she liked them all except the fire engine red. When she came home cancer free we all took a really deep breath. We had to take care and watch her closely because she didn't complain at all during the treatment. We kept ice cream in the freezer, told her it was for me. Anyway, I do know, and if there is anything I can do you have but to let me know.
    jd50ae:
    Been keeping you in my prayers and on my mind. I know what you are going through. When my wife came home with the diagnosis the whole family agreed to stay upbeat and not bring it up every time we got together. Even before she started her treatment she went and had all her hair cut off, of course we had a little fun with that, because she did it and it didn't happen because of the treatment. We even found a couple of wigs and she liked them all except the fire engine red. When she came home cancer free we all took a really deep breath. We had to take care and watch her closely because she didn't complain at all during the treatment. We kept ice cream in the freezer, told her it was for me. Anyway, I do know, and if there is anything I can do you have but to let me know.
    Thank you brother I'm sure as time goes by I'll be crying on a lot of shoulders just like last time.
    Got some good news, they've given the ok to bring my wife home. I'm leaving in the morning to go pick her up.
    That's awesome Ricky! Glad to hear it!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Great news. So good to hear she can come home Ricky.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Good news. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Well that sucked! Got halfway there and they changed their minds. They want to do some more tests first. So maybe she'll be able to come home Sunday.
    Good news! My wife's on her way back home after a month in the hospital. She still has to make 2 trips a week to Columbus but at least she's not stuck there.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    That's great to hear. I'm sure she's glad to be headed home.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Thats great, Ricky.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Great news, Ricky! Continuing in prayer!
    Thought I'd do something to show Carla my support imageimage
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Rhamlin:
    That's a good look on you Captain. You should keep it.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    kaspera79:
    Rhamlin:
    That's a good look on you Captain. You should keep it.
    I agree!
    I kinda like it myself
    Rhamlin:
    I kinda like it myself
    Had you just turned the other way you would've resembled your profile pic...DOH! Hope Carla is doing well and likes the new look.
    ejgorman:
    Rhamlin:
    I kinda like it myself
    Had you just turned the other way you would've resembled your profile pic...DOH! Hope Carla is doing well and likes the new look.
    ?? That's funny!
    Like it, low maintenance too.