Home Non Cigar Related

Jack Daniels Rye

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Anyone try this yet? I thought it was going to hurt like hell going down...but it was surprisingly smooth.

Comments

• D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Have not tried it. To be honest I haven't seen it but I haven't been looking. will keep an eye out for it!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    The unaged or the rested? I bought a case of the unaged I liked it so much and then "aged" half of it by putting it in one of those little hobby aging barrels for a couple months. Really liked the unaged, my rested product is completely different but also good. Haven't had their rested product yet.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Sounds pretty interesting for sure, and Ken I like that idea and glad to hear it turned out well for you that's killer :)
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    90+ Irishman:
    Sounds pretty interesting for sure, and Ken I like that idea and glad to hear it turned out well for you that's killer :)
    If I get in on the next round of the liquid pass I can definitely put that in there so someone can try it.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    If I get in on the next round of the liquid pass I can definitely put that in there so someone can try it.
    Ken I am going to be running the liquid pass round 2 next to take the load off of Vinny so I can definitely confirm that you are involved if you want to be.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Hey Chris!, No haven't tried it, Not much of a JD guy these days. Been many a moon since I had my first JD and coke. Man it was good! Damn good! I Digress
    I think Ryes are gaining in popularity again, Theres a bunch I want to try Rittenhouse, High West, Redemption, I'm glad JD has their hat in there. They really are an Icon of American Whiskey. I remember when I was PCS ing stateside and I gave my local German movers a bottle of JD a bottle of JB and two cartons of Marlboro smokes.
    Not a glass got broke!!! LOL
    There I go on another tangent