Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Pappy and Drew Estate

Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    OMG WANT! Seriously though that is amazing can only imagine what it's like!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Kind of disappointed, it's just made to be paired with pappy, not aged in pappy or anything like that. May order a box, not sure but if I do Walt I will let u know on a spilt.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I have pre-orderd. Along with one of their Glencairns. So when they do come I'll let ya know. If you still want splitsies, I'll send ya 5 for half the price of the box. I'll be keeping the box. ;-) I'll pay for your shipping. Says that expected date is 90 days, but that's been saying that since they were put up there a month or so ago. Who knows. I'll shoot you PM then.
    Sounds good Walt.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Glock1975:
    Kind of disappointed, it's just made to be paired with pappy, not aged in pappy or anything like that. May order a box, not sure but if I do Walt I will let u know on a spilt.
    This is kind of a relief. Why waste bourbon that's in that much demand? It's hard enough to find already.
    Ken Light:
    Glock1975:
    This is kind of a relief. Why waste bourbon that's in that much demand? It's hard enough to find already.
    justin was telling me about some bar that was using it to sell Jell-O shots!
    WaltBasil:
    Ken Light:
    Glock1975:
    Was Bill Cosby the bartender? Too soon?
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Damn sure wish it was someone else beside DE.
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    WaltBasil:
    Ken Light:
    Glock1975:
    I would have absolutely lost it on that bartender. What a disgrace!
    D Fresh:
    WaltBasil:
    Ken Light:
    Glock1975:
    I would have absolutely lost it on that bartender. What a disgrace!
    He would have been castrated with a broken bottle of he did that in certain circles lol. Man that's disgraceful (perfect word Doug!)
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    gimmick... come on jeremy! go after the real smokes like Troya
    jliu:
    Ok, find them for me Jiunn.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Glock1975:
    jliu:
    first, you send me some horse jizz
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    jliu:
    Glock1975:
    jliu:

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    jliu:
    Glock1975:
    jliu:

And I do have an Uncle who is a Horse Trainer and Breeder so I could arrange it lol
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    jliu:
    gimmick
    Drew Estate and gimmick in the same post?! Come on, man. Lol. The band would look nice in my display vase of old bands, but that is about it. I have a feeling the cigar itself won't be anything to get too excited about. Hope I'm wrong. Let me know when they arrive and y'all start smoking em.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Yeah, when I first saw these I thought, oh neat a pappy infused cigar! But it's just blended to complement the bourbon i guess... I haven't had Pappy, but I imagine with a bourbon that good, just grab a davidoff, anejo, or some other high end cigar and you'll be set! I agree with Ken too, I'd rather be able to find a bottle than have DE spritz it on some mediocre cigars.
    Gray4lines:
    Yeah, when I first saw these I thought, oh neat a pappy infused cigar! But it's just blended to complement the bourbon i guess... I haven't had Pappy, but I imagine with a bourbon that good, just grab a davidoff, anejo, or some other high end cigar and you'll be set! I agree with Ken too, I'd rather be able to find a bottle than have DE spritz it on some mediocre cigars.
    Very true now that I learn more about it it isn't the special thing I hoped it was lol
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Very true now that I learn more about it it isn't the special thing I hoped it was lol
    I guess it's along the same lines as the recent DE addition of cigars that are meant to pair with certain beers.
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    I guess it's along the same lines as the recent DE addition of cigars that are meant to pair with certain beers.
    Its a neat idea but I simply don't believe it was targetted at those of us who are deep into the cigar culture. Probably geared for those that but Outta lounges or have a dozen a year etc
    Gray4lines:
    Bingo!
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Its a neat idea but I simply don't believe it was targetted at those of us who are deep into the cigar culture. Probably geared for those that but Outta lounges or have a dozen a year etc
    So you are saying me and Walt aren't in the cigar culture? I see. I really wanted a 5er or a box, that's really before I read it was just intended to be smoked with pappy, now I'm not sure. But I will stand by my commitment if they ever send to Walt I will spilt with him.
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    So you are saying me and Walt aren't in the cigar culture? I see. I really wanted a 5er or a box, that's really before I read it was just intended to be smoked with pappy, now I'm not sure. But I will stand by my commitment if they ever send to Walt I will spilt with him.
    Lol yeah ok bro twist my words see if I care at all. Hope they rock and honestly they really may, could just be a great cigar to pair with whiskey in general, hope it is bro and thanks for making me look an a$$ ;)
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    If you get them please let me know how they are. I wonder if it's worth $13-15 a stick. I had similar reservations about the Asylum Dragons Milk. How much is the name/process worth compared to the worth of the stick itself.
    90+ Irishman:
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Lol yeah ok bro twist my words see if I care at all. Hope they rock and honestly they really may, could just be a great cigar to pair with whiskey in general, hope it is bro and thanks for making me look an a$$ ;)
    Lol, if I do get any, I'm going to send u 2 cigars, take the bands off both and u tell me which 1 is the DE and the other will be a Raji, I know u love them.
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Lol, if I do get any, I'm going to send u 2 cigars, take the bands off both and u tell me which 1 is the DE and the other will be a Raji, I know u love them.
    You're an evil vindictive *** aren't you?! Lol hahaha
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    If I got some with a bottle of Pappy, would be the best cigar I ever smoked. Then again, a Zoidian might taste good with Pappy
    rsherman24:
    If I got some with a bottle of Pappy, would be the best cigar I ever smoked. Then again, a Zoidian might taste good with Pappy
    LMAO I think you nailed it right there Sherman! The pairing I did yesterday was outstanding but I bet that it would have been just as good with any number of other cigars. Just my two cents though.
    90+ Irishman:
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:
    Glock1975:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    You're an evil vindictive *** aren't you?! Lol hahaha
    Speaking of which, i had the DE Smoking Monk Porter tonight with a... Porter. Have to say it was an excellent smoke that I enjoyed and seemed rather in unDrew-ish. Excellent flavor on the retro hale. The smoke was very pleasant to smell. Having said that, who is to say any other cigar would've been better or worse. I probably would've enjoyed most any cigar with the Porter.