Home Non Cigar Related

Snow Day

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
Getting some snow up here, any other brothers/sisters got a snow day?

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Living in the midwest, I rarely get a chance to brag about our weather, so....It was 55 degrees yesterday and right around the same for today.
    Enjoy your day off, George.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    We were supposed to, but only got a couple inches. Just enough to make you shovel and still go to work.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    We got an unexpected 5" over the weekend. Another 1/2" today. I like snow.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Seems like there's been a light snow falling for two days, but it didn't amount to much. Roads were a bit dicey on the way to work today, but I made it.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    CharlieHeis:
    Living in the midwest, I rarely get a chance to brag about our weather, so....It was 55 degrees yesterday and right around the same for today.

Thanks Charlie, I will, taking tomorrow off too supposed to be over sometime tonight. When I was young, dumb and full of "spunk", I would have been out in this crap, heading to the beach for high tide.
    Try and get some pics up later, at least it's fluffy snow. Already drifted half up my doors on the 4runner.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Nope. Supposed to be 67 today. Sorry.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Looking at the 2+ feet that fell overnight, with 24 more hours of Snowmaggedon to go.

That's the football gods punishing us New Englanders for Inflategate. :)
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    The3Stogies:
    CharlieHeis:

Thanks Charlie, I will, taking tomorrow off too supposed to be over sometime tonight. When I was young, dumb and full of "spunk", I would have been out in this crap, heading to the beach for high tide.

High tide?? You a surfer?
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Y2K was worse than this
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    i would kill for a snow day at this point.

I hate winters that are 45-35 degrees with no snow and just cold fucking rain. What's the point of winter if you aren't going to get snow?
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Supposed to get hit with a big storm tomorrow here, will update with pics if it happens.
    Nothing runs like a Deere, I hope.

Nice and fluffy, maybe 2 feet by now. Still snowin and blowin, little more to go. I'm done for today, give that man a cigar.
    letsgowithbob:
    The3Stogies:
    CharlieHeis:

High tide?? You a surfer?

Nope not a surfer, just liked to see extreme high tides that go with these storms. Hurricanes we would run the sea wall between waves. Not too smart really, much safer at home smoking a cigar.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Currently 66 here at The Pass. Supposed to reach 70 manana.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    We dodged the bullet here in the NC high country. Just a light dusting but still 18 degrees. The ski slope folks are making snow. Got to fill the bird feeders twice a day. No snow days for me no matter how much we get. Seven days a week I'm up the hill in my studio feeding the woodstove and making something.