Home Non Cigar Related

Some days work are such that...

EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
...you have to put on head phones and crank NOFX just to get any work done.

Your turn...

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Even though I am retired there are times when I want my space and peace and quiet. Like you I put the headphones on and the added advantage of locking the door.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ...i have to go to the brewpub at lunch and throw back a couple in order to make it through the afternoon.

your turn...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    Echambers:
    ...you have to put on head phones and crank NOFX just to get any work done.

Your turn...
    Great band, can't ever go wrong with Heavy Pettingzoo, or the Decline.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    ... i have to shut the outside lights off and pretend they are broken in order to get through a graveyard ...
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    jgibv:
    ...i have to go to the brewpub at lunch and throw back a couple in order to make it through the afternoon.

your turn...
    Along these lines but I just sneak out early and hit up the cigar bar. Bourbon and a cigar really brings me back to a happy place...

your turn...
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    I drink a couple of $1.39 Foster's oil cans and all seems well. Not that it is, but I will take it.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Just look forward to the end of the day, keep saying that it's only 8 hours, then a cigar awaits. Lol, my work prayer.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    I hike up the hill to my studio, plug in the coffee, build a fire in the woodstove, turn on some music, grab a cigar and make a list of the things i want to do for the day. Sometimes I let the phone ring and go to messages cause I get busy. I think about three weeks ago i had someone come by for fifteen minutes and say hello. Me, these beautiful mountains and solitude get along well.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    First Warrior:
    I hike up the hill to my studio, plug in the coffee, build a fire in the woodstove, turn on some music, grab a cigar and make a list of the things i want to do for the day. Sometimes I let the phone ring and go to messages cause I get busy. I think about three weeks ago i had someone come by for fifteen minutes and say hello. Me, these beautiful mountains and solitude get along well.

That's paradise right there.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    First Warrior:
    You are a blessed man, Rodger!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    .... I have to mute myself while I scream into my headset at the azz hat on the other line that thinks they are entitled to the moon simply because they breathe..... Your turn.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I usually go punch a box or two in the walk-in freezer, on rare occasions I take a sip out of my pocket flask
  • CrouseferCrousefer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 352
    I trade free coffee for free drink to the bar next door on lunch lol. Otherwise box punching is all too common.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    i am lucky Puff cause i found what I am supposed to do. I went for many years after the war (Vietnam) searching for myself. I tried a lot jobs but could not deal with someone telling me what to do. I had a relevation and found that i was a maker in the eary 80's. I took two years then and built my studio by myself. In another ten years i replaced the single pane windows with double panes and I was finally warm. After fifteen years I saved enough to bore a well and set a septic tank out back and I had water. I spend a lot of time by myself because the ptsd from the war has stunted my social skills. I'm not good at banter as most know, I only post when I've got something to say. I value the friendship and the caring nature of you folks even though i mostly lurk through all the posts. I'll just keep making stuff and maybe some day we can trade cigars and have a smoke together.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    First Warrior:
    i am lucky Puff cause i found what I am supposed to do. I went for many years after the war (Vietnam) searching for myself. I tried a lot jobs but could not deal with someone telling me what to do. I had a relevation and found that i was a maker in the eary 80's. I took two years then and built my studio by myself. In another ten years i replaced the single pane windows with double panes and I was finally warm. After fifteen years I saved enough to bore a well and set a septic tank out back and I had water. I spend a lot of time by myself because the ptsd from the war has stunted my social skills. I'm not good at banter as most know, I only post when I've got something to say. I value the friendship and the caring nature of you folks even though i mostly lurk through all the posts. I'll just keep making stuff and maybe some day we can trade cigars and have a smoke together.
    Rodger you're a great man and a true class act in my book. You ever want to just have a sounding board or someone to just listen or anything you hit me up. I will always have time no matter what day or time it is. Aces in my mind my friend ;)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    First Warrior:
    That, sir, would be an honor.