Home Non Cigar Related

Need some help/FML/Eff me in the A

2»

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rain:
    Can't sell the car without him since they're both on the registration.No, he's not willing to sign over his rights. He's flat out told her "I'm not living without you, and you're not living with someone else."Might have to be the lawyer route, but where a full time student gets the money for a lawyer I have no idea. Best chance is getting the car added to the emergency protection order. She's willing to give the car to him if her name comes off, or to keep the car and take his name off. She is not ok with paying the car payment and insurance while he has the car.
    **most** schools i know of have a free "legal services" dept for students to use.
    maybe have her look into that, could be a good starting point before spending any out of pocket $ on a lawyer.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Rain:
    "I'm not living without you, and you're not living with someone else."

Not to add to your worries, but that is the single most worrisome statement he could have made. Trip lights and cameras would make me feel better....
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Maybe she could go to the insurance agent, present the restraining order and get him taken off the policy. Or null the policy and get a new one without his name. Sounds like the guy is batshi--. In NC you can shoot through the door at someone breaking in cause you can't see if the perp is armed. once the door is open things change and you have to make a reasonable effort to exit. Of course if the guy is armed you can put him down. Taking a life changes people, I learned that when I was nineteen. I sure hope you can get this dealt with without violence.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Thats messed up bro, I learned a long time ago you cant reason with CRAZY, just give him the car and get the F away, not worth the trouble or danger, pretty similiar situation though, I was the secondary and she insisted on living with me but still "hanging " with her ex boyfriend, after her showing up at my job demanding the car that she didnt pay one single dime for, I took an old one eyed brothers advice(much love Arthur Ray!!) AND I GAVE HER THE CAR (a couple K lost)...thats it end of story, refused to even acknowledge her existence after that, it drove her even more crazy but life is way too short to deal with that stuff, you gotta cut it out like a tumor, or a gangrenous limb, to this day I dont regret it, cept I wished I woulda walked away sooner. Hope shes ok, and can move on from that kind of nonsense. Take the high road and spread good karma :)
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    SM0K3Y:
    Thats messed up bro, I learned a long time ago you cant reason with CRAZY, just give him the car and get the F away, not worth the trouble or danger, pretty similiar situation though, I was the secondary and she insisted on living with me but still "hanging " with her ex boyfriend, after her showing up at my job demanding the car that she didnt pay one single dime for, I took an old one eyed brothers advice(much love Arthur Ray!!) AND I GAVE HER THE CAR (a couple K lost)...thats it end of story, refused to even acknowledge her existence after that, it drove her even more crazy but life is way too short to deal with that stuff, you gotta cut it out like a tumor, or a gangrenous limb, to this day I dont regret it, cept I wished I woulda walked away sooner. Hope shes ok, and can move on from that kind of nonsense. Take the high road and spread good karma :)
    That's a crap situation Smoke but glad you were able to do that and have that POV, very good on ya bro and glad it worked out in the long run for you.
    90+ Irishman:
    SM0K3Y:
    That's a crap situation Smoke but glad you were able to do that and have that POV, very good on ya bro and glad it worked out in the long run for you.
    Thank you sir, I chalk it up as a life lesson, it was tuff at the time, had to lean on some family and friends until I could acquire a new ride, sounds like RAIN is doing the right thing, I dont even wanna besmirch the crazy guy or my ex, (i know i kinda did, wish them both the best) all folks have issues. Sounds like shes lucky to have RAIN and the wife to help her outta that situation, kudos to RAIN!
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    Jetmech_63:
    This sounds like something one of my guys ran into a while back. Is it a title issue or a loan issue? If the registration / title says (crazy dude) AND/OR (your sister) you don't need his signature to get rid of it. If it says AND, you do and if he contests there is no way beyond a court ruling(see a lawyer who specializes in vehicle code) to do so. That's the position my guy was in but. The short term to keep the other party from regaining access to the vehicle he pulled both front tires and the battery. Absolutley nothing illegal about rendering g the car mechanically undrivable if it's done by a person on the title.

You need to check the title for this. This could easily be your loophole. My titles all say "or" so the wife, or I could trade them in if either of us wanted to. On my son's car that we got him it says "and" so he can't get rid of it without one of us knowing about it. (he's not an idiot, just a precaution) I don't know if you followed through with Jetmech's advice or not, but if the title says or, trade it in immediately.

If nothing else, I am sure there is a way to relinquish her interest in the vehicle through paperwork with the bank.

If it was my sister, or sister in law and I couldn't get around the title issue, I would have her go to the bank and explain things in person to the loan officer. I think you and your wife should both go with her to show that she has support, and all she needs to get this a55hat out of her life is to get rid of the car. I have found that people are more apt to work with you when you are standing in front of them, vice a person on a phone.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    @Bonecrusher: Not sure if it's and/or, will check.@JD: Trust me brother, the level of seriousness is not lost on me.@Smok3y: She's more than willing to let him have the car, she's not willing to let him have it and her keep paying the bill + insurance.letsgowithbob: You are correct, might need to do a little face to face.@Roder: I know brother. Some medics take it real hard when they lose someone. I'm of the mindset that I did my best and it was simply their time to go. I'm also of the mindset that nobody deserves to die alone. Train to save!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    I'm pretty sure I have the best idea in this whole thread:

You have a very particular set of skills, skills which you have acquired over a long career. Skills which could make you a nightmare for someone like him. If he lets the car go now, that'll be the end of it. You will not look for him, but if he doesn't, you will look for him online, you will find him online and you will Troll the *** out of him.

I'm pretty sure it will work. If not you can use those other set of skills and water board him.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Give him the car back but hide lots of dead fish under the floor liner in both the car and trunk.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Rain:
    @Bonecrusher: Not sure if it's and/or, will check.@JD: Trust me brother, the level of seriousness is not lost on me.@Smok3y: She's more than willing to let him have the car, she's not willing to let him have it and her keep paying the bill + insurance.letsgowithbob: You are correct, might need to do a little face to face.@Roder: I know brother. Some medics take it real hard when they lose someone. I'm of the mindset that I did my best and it was simply their time to go. I'm also of the mindset that nobody deserves to die alone. Train to save!
    If he's not on the title, she could sell it outright to an individual. Or, take it to an auction. Don't know if she's upside down in it, but worth a look for sure at KBB and see if she could get close to pay off value.
    He is on both the title and the registration. It does not say and/or, just...Name 1Name 2
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    brianetz1:
    I'm pretty sure I have the best idea in this whole thread:

You have a very particular set of skills, skills which you have acquired over a long career. Skills which could make you a nightmare for someone like him. If he lets the car go now, that'll be the end of it. You will not look for him, but if he doesn't, you will look for him online, you will find him online and you will Troll the *** out of him.

I'm pretty sure it will work. If not you can use those other set of skills and water board him.
    Best idea ever!!!
    The only other thing I could suggest is call a lawyer, maybe get some (free?) advice on removing one of the names from the title? Definitely dont pay if the dingdong has the ride, taking a credit hit sucks (been there) but the stress of worrying about your families safety and the hassle of an unstable person attacking her or you or yours just isnt worth it. If you chose to go rouge and take this to the street, just remember leave no witnesses, jail is NO FUN, dont ask how I know this, just trust me LOL