Home Non Cigar Related

Headphones for gaming?

avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
For anybody that is out there with preferably an xbox one but I'll listen to anything on the gaming end. What are you using for a headset? (Randy, I dont want to hear about you wanting some Beats by Dre)

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I want some Be...oh, dang.I've been looking for some as well. Piggyback threadjack...if you get 5.1 headphones, does your computer have to have a sound card in order to get 5.1?
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Rain:
    I want some Be...oh, dang.I've been looking for some as well. Piggyback threadjack...if you get 5.1 headphones, does your computer have to have a sound card in order to get 5.1?
    Technically any surround sound on headphones is simulated but that is another topic all together. Do you have a digital optical out on your computer/laptop? If so then generally speaking you should be able to get 5.1 signal out of that. You do need to have a surround signal source in order to have surround sound.

I have a few sets I'm looking at getting but wanting to hear what others have to say.
  • slamb@cigar.comslamb@cigar.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    I have a set from Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro for the Xbox One, I love them, they are comfortable and the sound quality is top notch.
    I'm looking at either another set of Astro a50's or the new Turtle Beach Elite 800x. The Astro's will be better audio quality but the TB offer full wireless setup with the xbox. No cable to the controller even.

I have had astro a40's and a50's in the past as well as a set of Sennheisers that where just incredible but with 2 dogs and 3 kids I am trying to cut down on cords.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    slamb@cigar.com:
    I have a set from Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro for the Xbox One, I love them, they are comfortable and the sound quality is top notch.

What he said! I have had several sets or Turtle Beach headsets (two got destroyed by cats... of which I have skinned and fed to the other cats as a warning. lol) I currently don't have any right now but I did use my friends Ear Force XP400s... Stellar... For gaming and for movie watching when you don't want to wake anyone up. :)
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I have some Shure studio head phones. I got it because it had a 9 ft cord. It's perfect
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    danielzreyes:
    I have some Shure studio head phones. I got it because it had a 9 ft cord. It's perfect
    I'd end up tripping over the 9ft cord
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Hayblet:
    danielzreyes:
    I'd end up tripping over the 9ft cord
    I play COD not DDR
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Technological hooie, just turn up the volume. My pong beeps are much better. Lol
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    avengethis:
    For anybody that is out there with preferably an xbox one but I'll listen to anything on the gaming end. What are you using for a headset? (Randy, I dont want to hear about you wanting some Beats by Dre)
    I used a pair of rock fish I believe for a long time, many cod victories, I haven't really tried to find a pair compatible with the ps4, my gaming has been slacking of late, the one downside to using headphones though is you can't blast irratating music at the folks in the waiting rooms, gotta luv dishing out some lamb of God or job for a cowboy on sum fools (or Katie perry to mix it up) lmao (ya I'm THAT guy)
    avengethis:
    I used a pair of rock fish I believe for a long time, many cod victories, I haven't really tried to find a pair compatible with the ps4, my gaming has been slacking of late, the one downside to using headphones though is you can't blast irratating music at the folks in the waiting rooms, gotta luv dishing out some lamb of God or job for a cowboy on sum fools (or Katie perry to mix it up) lmao (ya I'm THAT guy)
    SM0K3Y:
    avengethis:
    Oh so your are that a-hole. J/k. I like the headsets because with the kids I only get to play at night so not using surround sound is a big plus.
    avengethis:
    SM0K3Y:
    avengethis:
    Oh so your are that a-hole. J/k. I like the headsets because with the kids I only get to play at night so not using surround sound is a big plus.
    Ya, if I had kids that would totally change how I gamed for sure, way to many crazy things get said online. And I've always looked at it like a war if its good enough for our soldiers in iraq, afghanistan, then pychological warfare is good enough for COD, lol. That and Battlefiled are the only place were I get to be full on cut throat LOL And I've tried to run it through the surround sound (sweet!) but if wifey is home shes not tryin to hear a 6 hour COD binge, this thread is making me wanna crank it up,might have to dial up the CODAW tonight!