Home Non Cigar Related

LinkedIn

EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
Some of you may know that I am in the process of looking for a new job. I have a good job and I'm not in danger of loosing it but I am ready for something else. I haven't had to apply for a job for over a decade so am starting from scratch in a lot of ways. Here is my request: if you are on LinkedIn would you mind taking a moment to review my linkedin page and tell me what you think?

Here is the link: www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-karl-chambers/

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Don't know if i can say anything other than I'm jelly
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Looks great, Eric. I sent you a connection request. Your summary is impressive, even if I don't know what most of it means. ;^)

Are you looking for something in the same field, or something completely different?
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Puff_Dougie:
    Looks great, Eric. I sent you a connection request. Your summary is impressive, even if I don't know what most of it means. ;^)

Are you looking for something in the same field, or something completely different?
    Same field. Just something that will keep my interest. I find I am happiest when I am starting something new. I
    Echambers:
    Puff_Dougie:

Same field. Just something that will keep my interest. I find I am happiest when I am starting something new.
    I tend to be the same way. In fact, when I look back, I've changed positions about every 5-6 years. Seems like I get restless for something new. Either that, or I have a short attention span...
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Echambers:
    Some of you may know that I am in the process of looking for a new job. I have a good job and I'm not in danger of loosing it but I am ready for something else. I haven't had to apply for a job for over a decade so am starting from scratch in a lot of ways. Here is my request: if you are on LinkedIn would you mind taking a moment to review my linkedin page and tell me what you think?

Here is the link: www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-karl-chambers/

They keep wanting me to sign in at that site. Sorry....
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Sent you a connection request Eric. The only comment I would have would be to expand on your roles with previous organizations. It will show your skill set in different areas. Other than that the credentials look pretty impressive.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    matkn293:
    Sent you a connection request Eric. The only comment I would have would be to expand on your roles with previous organizations. It will show your skill set in different areas. Other than that the credentials look pretty impressive.
    Good advice. Thank you.
    You also may want to ask a few people who have worked closely with you if they would be kind enough to post recommendations on your page, and offer to do the same for them.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Eric, yours is a great LI page, which is surprising for a Seahawks fan (rim shot).

Very well organized, no typos, good description of who you are, good photo. Very professional. The only thing I might recommend you do is add a few bullet points for each position that details key accomplishments (if you can't point to results, put your key leadership-type everyday responsibilities). As others have said, if you can get recommendations, that's great.

BTW, if you are looking to network with others in the NFP world in the Seattle area, I have a couple contacts who are very well known in the NFP space there. PM if you're interested.