Home General Discussion

Pairing with Blantons bourbon (thanks RCY)

brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
I am popping open the bottle of Blantons that RCY so graciously gifted me for Secret Santa with a few friends tonight. THey are big spirits drinkers so they are pumped.

i was thinking this would be a great time to pair a "special" cigar with the blantons. What kind of cigar would you pair with the blantons for the best flavor pair?

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Blantons is some fantastic bourbon. Great balance of bite and sweet. It's not going to get lost in a strong cigar even though it's not barrel proof. Probably something hearty with a PA broadleaf maduro with some sweetness to compliment it, but I'm terrible at pairings.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Anejo's go with just ab any spirit. I like maduro pardons too. I never have had Blantons but I think those cigars would be great with anything.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    May I suggest a Oliva Serie V Melanio, or Padilla Vintage Reserve, or Liga 9
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Glock1975:
    +1 Beat me to it. I was going to suggest a Liga 9/T52. The melanio is another great choice with Blanton's.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    D Fresh:
    Glock1975:
    +1 Beat me to it. I was going to suggest a Liga 9/T52. The melanio is another great choice with Blanton's.
    Haven't had Blanton's so can't say for sure but I think Ray and Doug are on the right path!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    thanks for all the suggestions, a lot of these i don't have stock of at this time.

here is what we are going with unless someone else sees a HUGE issue with one of these:

Ashton VSG
    Padron 64 natural (my one buddy doesn't like maduros at all)
    AF Anejo 48

After that we are going to smoke Jericho Hills and a Headley Grange

i'll post pics later, thatnks
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Good choices. I just poured some Blantons for the Liquid Pass, so I am going to kill the bottle and pair it with a Tat Jekyll. Let us know what you think
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    If you want to pull out the sweetness then go with the Anejo. If you are looking to bring out the oak and vanilla then go for the Padron. And lastly I'd you are trying to pair spice then go Ashton VSG ;)