Home Non Cigar Related

Need advice for being sneaky

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
So my wife and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. She mentioned she wants a ring for her right hand. But not what type of ring. I found a great ring on Etsy it's sterling silver and Roman numerals are cut into the band. I would have the date of our wedding day cut into it. I don't know how to drop questions to find out if she would like that. I don't knownif Roman numerals are her thing. How do I get this info out of her?

Comments

• No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    LiquidChaos66:
    So my wife and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. She mentioned she wants a ring for her right hand. But not what type of ring. I found a great ring on Etsy it's sterling silver and Roman numerals are cut into the band. I would have the date of our wedding day cut into it. I don't know how to drop questions to find out if she would like that. I don't knownif Roman numerals are her thing. How do I get this info out of her?
    Find a men's watch with Roman numerals for the digits, ask her opinion on them straight up in jewelery? It's a watch, it's "for you", and you can just bring it up after asking about the band, face design or w.e so it doesn't seem important.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Sneaky is good. Lie to her, tell her someone you ran into somewhere showed you their ring as you describe. Mention the roman numerals and see what she says or her reaction. Have to be subtle to be sneaky, timing is critical, bring it up at the right time and she will never know.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Write some roman numerals on a piece of paper and hand it to her and tell her you aren't quite sure how to translate it into numbers. Then you can both learn what the numerals mean. If she goes for it you will know if she likes the numerals. Cross your fingers.
  • jbarker_18jbarker_18 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    Have a friend ask if his wife/girlfriend will like said gift for...whatever, make up an occasion.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    All great ideas. I think ill try the last option first as I have a friend who asks my wife questions about gifts for his girlfriend all the time. So it wont seem out of place. Then Ill use the rest from there depending on the answer. :)
  • jbarker_18jbarker_18 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    It's my 10th this year as well, I've had to become quite versed in being "sneaky" when it comes to this type of stuff.
    I don't know if I have the sneakery in me to guess her ring size... I would hate to order her something and have it not fit.... So im gonna have to ask her to get sized. So im thinking Im gonna ask her a bunch of specific "possible gift" questions... but im not sure what all to ask that would cover the fact that im looking at getting her a ring specifically... lol Ideas?
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    LiquidChaos66:
    I don't know if I have the sneakery in me to guess her ring size... I would hate to order her something and have it not fit.... So im gonna have to ask her to get sized. So im thinking Im gonna ask her a bunch of specific "possible gift" questions... but im not sure what all to ask that would cover the fact that im looking at getting her a ring specifically... lol Ideas?

Have her slip on a corona band and go from there, lol. One thing I have done in the past is get my wife to give me all her sizes, shoes, pants, rings, etc. Just keep her guessing brother. Friends are good to have ask her but a possible security breach. Rings can be re-sized too.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Too bad she doesn't smoke cigars. That would make life so much easier, I like the idea of asking the friend what she likes, and if she thinks your wife would like it. Sizing is the tricky part.. And she did say she wants a right hand ring maybe you should just take her shopping with you.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    LiquidChaos66:
    That part's easy. Find another girl at the office or some such, anyone with a hand looks the same size, and ask her what her ring size is. Worked for me on our 30th.
    Sooooo my friend got the info I needed! She thinks the idea (that he played off as his own for his significant other) was awesome! she loves the design idea!!!! Now to get her ring size. lol I might flat out ask her since she mentioned she might want a ring. lol Ill probably throw out several other ideas that need specific details at the same time so I can "judge" which "gift" would be best.

when I proposed to her I nailed her ring size and she had no clue what I was doing either. She had a ring on that she got after her great grandmother passed away. I asked to see it and I slipped it on my pinky finger and looked at it. Went to the jewelers and when they asked her ring size (my parents were there with me too) I pointed on the spot on my finger and said "Whatever size my finger is at this spot" They all laughed and played along... but when the ring fit perfect... needless to say they were all quite impressed.
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Does she have an extra ring that she wouldn't notice missing for a day? You can take that to a jeweler and they can tell you the size. Otherwise, go bigger than you think. Rings are easy to size down, not as easy to go up!! The ring on your finger is how my husband did my engagement ring as well. Though by the time he got that, I already knew it was coming and had given him the right size :) Good luck! Sounds like a cool ring to me!!