Home General Discussion

Flip Top Lighter

ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
Im looking for a lighter like this if any of ya know of a place other then ebay let me know image

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I have one made by Xikar, I think there are a couple of others as well
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Always loved how those look and how classy and elegant they are. If I knew I'd point ya there :(
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    That's no problem at all - it's called an "old boy" lighter, so if you Google that you'll find a handful of options. IM Corona is the classic choice, but there's been quite a few options from other manufacturers. Easily found on Amazon, directly from the IM Corona website, or from a few pipe manufacturers as well (I know Peterson made some for a while).
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    E-Lighter has a Xicar that is similar.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Dark Roast:
    The Pipeline right? Sidnt think that would quite work since it was meant for pipes but hey if it does then awesome! I think Dupont makes several versions of those but they are extremely proud of them.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    That is a really nice looking lighter.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    90+ Irishman:
    Dark Roast:
    The Pipeline right? Sidnt think that would quite work since it was meant for pipes but hey if it does then awesome! I think Dupont makes several versions of those but they are extremely proud of them.
    I would bet it'd work if you want a soft flame. The flame comes out at a side angle to make pipe lighting easier, but I bet it'd be nice for cigars too. Yeah the dupont's are pricey! Same for the actual "old boy" I'M coronas as Hays mentioned. Definitely a classy look.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    jd50ae:
    That is a really nice looking lighter.
    The site list this one for 20 bucks but its sold out... along with like 8 others that i like
    Hays:
    That's no problem at all - it's called an "old boy" lighter, so if you Google that you'll find a handful of options.
    I was told it was a flip top lighter so ill look that up and see what i cant dig up

*edit is Old Boy a brand or the type of lighter
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Old boy is the style, I believe. May have been the original name of the first, but many have copied the look. Old boy is synonymous with that style of flip top.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Gray4lines:
    Old boy is the style, I believe. May have been the original name of the first, but many have copied the look. Old boy is synonymous with that style of flip top.
    This, it´s the style.