Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Karma Giveaway

2»

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Well, first thing's first.I am in no way saying that I don't owe for gear that was given to me. Of course I'd rather keep that money, but that (overpriced) equipment was given to me and was expected to be returned.My gripe is that I was told they would take it out of my next tax return. I started the process under that assumption, and then at the very end of the process I was told the Army wanted (and would get) their money now. Uhhh...I'm trying to transition and have to go to all these classes about how much the Army cares blah blah blah. I don't really have any option but to agree, because the only other option is not to finish processing my clearance on time...which is not really an option.Now, what happened with that gear is that when I returned from Iraq in 09 I put it in my sergeant's storage container...and he proceeded to leave the Army and move. I did not remember that I put that stuff in there until every now and then I would notice that I did not have something and later put together what happened.I appreciate your support, but...eh...I'd feel wrong asking or having others pay for something that is my responsibility. #endramble
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    That BLOWS. I feel about the same way as Edna20 (pissed) You want me to talk to them for you?
    onestrangeone:
    That BLOWS. I feel about the same way as Edna20 (pissed) You want me to talk to them for you?
    I would not object."Dear Mr Army, I am a single white woman and..."
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Yeah... I'm still mad though. I get that you feel responsible and I appreciate that, but, they should a) charge a reasonable amount for the equipment that is now essentially fully depreciated and b) work with you on repayment terms that are reasonable and don't leave you worrying about bills, etc. It sounds stressful enough. I mean student loan repayments are structured to be repayed in a manner that doesn't kill you right out of college, why couldn't something like this be the same?
    It is for sure annoying that there are only two values, new and depreciated. If you walk out the door, turn around and turn it back in? Depreciated. Keep it for seven years and two deployments? Depreciated. Seems like they could make a better scale.
    Got a PM from Kuzi who said it landed and was in good shape.Been about a week and a half since the interview. It was with a panel of four paramedics so I was kind of nervous, but I'd say I earned an A - or B +. They said they'd let their supervisor know what they thought and he would schedule the next interview. I have some training in people reading, so I doubt I'm way off and bombed the interview...but a week and a half has me sweating a little bit.
    Rain:
    Got a PM from Kuzi who said it landed and was in good shape.Been about a week and a half since the interview. It was with a panel of four paramedics so I was kind of nervous, but I'd say I earned an A - or B +. They said they'd let their supervisor know what they thought and he would schedule the next interview. I have some training in people reading, so I doubt I'm way off and bombed the interview...but a week and a half has me sweating a little bit.

Don't sweat it! My first job out of college they flew me down to VA for an interview. I interviewed with 4 people individually. I thought most of them went ok, one went pretty well, but the last was a complete and utter disaster. The guy actually took a personal call right in the middle of the interview. I left feeling like there was no way I was getting the job. I remember hitting the bar at the airport because I had like 4 hours to kill before my flight home. I looked like a 12 year old in a business suit because I've always looked very young and the bartender didn't seem convinced by my out-of-state ID so on top of being down about the interview, I also got shitty service. They told me they'd call within 2 weeks and if I didn't hear from them, that meant they weren't giving me an offer. Exactly 2 weeks later they called. I think they wanted me to take a low offer and were just toying with me!!!
    Keeping in mind that I've never interviewed for a job, I was shocked that they did not tell me right then and there if I got the job or not. I mean it's been almost two weeks, and when you're not employed...that's two weeks I'm not getting a check. At least I managed to pay my bills, I'm sure some people out there have it a LOT worse.
    Sometimes it just comes down to schedules. I know as someone who has been the hire-er, it's taken me time to clear time in my schedule to do the interviews, then to make the decision, then to get that to HR or other managers to figure out the salary and things like that. Not sure how big of an organization your are dealing with, could just be some administrative red tape slowing the process down. I know I was not in a position to reach out to tell a candidate that I had picked them because I wouldn't know if other logistics were going to work out, etc. Good luck to you!!
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Rain:
    Keeping in mind that I've never interviewed for a job, I was shocked that they did not tell me right then and there if I got the job or not. I mean it's been almost two weeks, and when you're not employed...that's two weeks I'm not getting a check. At least I managed to pay my bills, I'm sure some people out there have it a LOT worse.

Rain, my current gig took 2 months to hear back from them, I totally wrote them off even though the interview was great....the interviewer had to leave to have a baby! By patient and positive, best wishes your way bud :)