Home General Discussion

Maybe fake Cohibas really do taste good.

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
I'm noticing a numerous amount of fake CCs being posted on social media. Now I'm no expert but I can definitely spot the obvious. What puzzles me is that they all claim that it was a great smoke. Are they pretending? Are they forcing themselves to say that because they're smoking the infamous Cuban Cohiba? Maybe it does taste like crap but they don't want to admit it because it's a Cohiba? I really don't get it. Maybe fake CCs really do taste good.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    danielzreyes:
    I'm noticing a numerous amount of fake CCs being posted on social media. Now I'm no expert but I can definitely spot the obvious. What puzzles me is that they all claim that it was a great smoke. Are they pretending? Are they forcing themselves to say that because they're smoking the infamous Cuban Cohiba? Maybe it does taste like crap but they don't want to admit it because it's a Cohiba? I really don't get it. Maybe fake CCs really do taste good.
    If all you've had are fakes, maybe it's the best of the worst? I'm sure there's a lot of preconceived expectation that it's going to be an awesome cigar, and so... it is.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    danielzreyes:

I think you may be on to something here
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I have one. Will trade for Davidoffs...
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
  • phishstyxphishstyx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    If they admit they were terrible, they admit they were suckered.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Browsing through Instagram #Cohiba. They're everywhere!!!

and apparently ..... they taste sooooo good
    photo PhotoGrid_1424144473249.jpg
    photo PhotoGrid_1424144434684.jpg
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I bet if you gave them a real Cohiba they'd think it tasted like Sh!t.... Ughhh
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Damn! Some of those are soooo bad.. How could they NOT know the were fubans?
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    It's amazing that some of them look like they used binder for wrapper. Or is it just me that thinks that.
    It's kind of like the plume thing. The amount of mis-information on the internet is amazing.
    And there are a lot of folks who see the brand and assume it is authentic, mostly because they don't know any different.

The problem is that there are 2 types of people when you tell them that they are fake.
    The ones who will tell you that you don't know what you are talking about and argue.
    And the ones who want to know how to tell so they don't get taken again.
    Unfortunately, you sometimes don't know which type of person they are until you say something. By then, it's too late. LOL!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    People are just trying to get some good Rookie Cards.