Home General Discussion

Cedar Spills

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Anyone use spills to light cigars? I decided to try it and have to say I love it.

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I use the thin sheets that come in boxes in my tupperdores and haven't busted them up to use them, yet. Considered buying some, but they seem pricey.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    There's a really nice cigar bar called the Blarney Stone at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, SC. The bartendress there (very easy on the eyes) lights your cigar with the cidar spills. It's a nice touch.

• brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    i always have issues getting a sharp burn when i light my cigar with a soft flame. i guess too much wind where i smoke.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I've tried, but seem to have no luck with them. I've tried one alone, I tried holding two in something of a "V" configuration, but couldn't hold a flame long enough to do anything with them.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 54
    I never knew they were called 'spills'. But I do like using them, either breaking the cedar dividers from boxes, or making them on my table saw. I still toast the foot with a lighter, and think that has a lot to do with how well the cedar works.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    brianetz1:
    i always have issues getting a sharp burn when i light my cigar with a soft flame. i guess too much wind where i smoke.
    took me a little practice, I got to where I barely touch the cigar with the flame. Keeps the wrapper from being burned.