Home Ratings & Reviews

My new favorite!

Hoag2531Hoag2531 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4
Well, as I go thru my "stocking up" phase thru the winter where I buy cigars I've not had & fill the humidor, I've found a new favorite! a few weeks ago while the weather was tolerable (I am ready for SPRING) I decided to try Esteban Carreras Covenant. At the shop there were several Esteban's but I chose the Covenant. Didn't know what to expect from this smoke but I was pleased! From start to finish it is a smooth stick, rich with coco / coffee flavor, but not over powering the cigar tobacco flavoring. It did not have an artificial flavoring like other coffee flavored smokes I've had, just a very satisfying stick. Good smoke production & perfect draw....
So now my humi has several Estaban Covenants, a 12 year, a 10 Anos and a 187. Haven't found the Chupacabra yet, but when I do I'll give it a new home!

Comments

• Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    I've had the 10 Anos and enjoyed it very much. I'll see if my B&M has the Covenant.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Poopy Jones:
    I've had the 10 Anos and enjoyed it very much. I'll see if my B&M has the Covenant.

These two and the 5150 are the best of the line up IMO.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Hoag2531:
    Well, as I go thru my "stocking up" phase thru the winter where I buy cigars I've not had & fill the humidor, I've found a new favorite! a few weeks ago while the weather was tolerable (I am ready for SPRING) I decided to try Esteban Carreras Covenant. At the shop there were several Esteban's but I chose the Covenant. Didn't know what to expect from this smoke but I was pleased! From start to finish it is a smooth stick, rich with coco / coffee flavor, but not over powering the cigar tobacco flavoring. It did not have an artificial flavoring like other coffee flavored smokes I've had, just a very satisfying stick. Good smoke production & perfect draw.... So now my humi has several Estaban Covenants, a 12 year, a 10 Anos and a 187. Haven't found the Chupacabra yet, but when I do I'll give it a new home!
    You had me at "rich coco / coffee." Putting these on the list. If you haven't already, check out the Oliva Serie V Melanio, Aging Room Quattro and Alec Bradley Prensado. They have some of the same chocolatey notes.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    onestrangeone:
    Poopy Jones:

That's funny that they have a 5150. When I lived in California that was the section of the penal code that dealt with involuntary psychiatric hold/ mentally unstable people, danger to themselves or others. Wonder if it's any realation. I will have to try this one out. Sounds fun!!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    letsgowithbob:
    onestrangeone:
    Poopy Jones:

That's funny that they have a 5150. When I lived in California that was the section of the penal code that dealt with involuntary psychiatric hold/ mentally unstable people, danger to themselves or others. Wonder if it's any realation. I will have to try this one out. Sounds fun!!
    You got it, I think most of there blend names have a double meaning. At least they have a sense of humor!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    The 10 Anos from EC is a terrific cigar, if you haven't had that you really need to.