Home General Discussion

Gurkha Beast...really let me down

mmkuchimmkuchi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
Just had one today, and to be frank, i didn't enjoy it...

Recently, I saw a post from someone else saying gurkha is not good; I doubted about that back then.... and this gem really reminds me of that....

I had a very joyful experience with another gurkha before; that's why when they were doing 10 Beast for 29.99, I bought it without hesitation. Now I regret so much....

The draw was tough; the wrapper was cracking along the way I smoked; the burn line was uneven all the time; the flavor was not much and didn't change a lot along the way I smoked it; at the last 1/3, a strong ammonia came up, and it was VERY unpleasant...I can still feel it now..............

Then I searched it online, and found that actually a lot of people are complaining about how bad it is....

I just have one question: can i return the rest?

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    E-mail a rep at Ccom and ask. They should come with a warning label--" libel to explode at any moment"
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    I like CCom but they are just a business and like dealing with any business its buyer beware. I am sure there are good Gurkha cigars out there but it is doubtful you will find them for sale on this site. Seems like they have dumped a ton of shiiit product here and the unsuspecting individual gets it up the assss! I too bought some a while ago and ended up throwing them in the trash. Live and learn.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    I too doubted the bad reviews of the Gurkhas, after all I'm a sucker for shiny labels and their labels are awesome, I have a whole jar full lol, here's where I'm at (not that anyone's asking lol)
    Warpig-solid build but meh
    Beauty-solid and tasty
    Black Beauty- fell apart, but tasty
    Master Select- exploded in my hand but tasty
    Crest- rock solid and deliscious
    Ninja torpedo- rock solid and tasty
    Take from that what you will :)
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    What? Gurkha let you down? Shame
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    SM0K3Y:
    I too doubted the bad reviews of the Gurkhas, after all I'm a sucker for shiny labels and their labels are awesome, I have a whole jar full lol, here's where I'm at (not that anyone's asking lol)

Warpig-solid build but meh

Beauty-solid and tasty

Black Beauty- fell apart, but tasty

Master Select- exploded in my hand but tasty

Crest- rock solid and deliscious

Ninja torpedo- rock solid and tasty

Take from that what you will :)

I heard that the black beauty should be stayed away from, too. But I really wanna try the beauty, though.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    At $3 ea. That's not terrible. I like the Titans every now and then, but yes they frequently have construction issues. I'd smoke through em over time and just enjoy em for what they are. At least you didn't pay retail! Hopefully most will burn better for you. I've had a few issues, but overall not terrible experience.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    a gurkha let you down?

predictable.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    kuzi16:
    a gurkha let you down?

predictable.
    I hope you still have that flag some of us signed.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Gray4lines:
    kuzi16:
    a gurkha let you down?

predictable.
    I hope you still have that flag some of us signed.
    i do.
  • variant2variant2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 351
    Friends don't let friends smoke Gurhkas.

I'd have to agree with everyone, they do have good flavor, but I can definitely feel like its a roll of the dice whether it's going to fall apart on you. Smoker beware :)
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    variant2:
    Friends don't let friends smoke Gurhkas.

Oh god....i like what you said
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    I'll never smoke a Gurkha again. At best they're unremarkable and more often flat out terrible.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 352
    The only one iv tried is their rogue series and there not half bad man. I actually dig em
    Crousefer:
    The only one iv tried is their rogue series and there not half bad man. I actually dig em

Rouges on my list to try, good to know!
  • CrouseferCrousefer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 352
    SM0K3Y:
    Crousefer:

Rouges on my list to try, good to know!
    NP man def give em a try. I prefer the tyrant cause I'm a fan of smaller gauges, but I feel like you can't go wrong either way.
    Update!!
    G Status...3 puffs and exploded, fell apart, lol the puffs tasted good though? Lmao
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    I bought a 5er of Gurkha Class Regent and put them down for a nice rest a while back. After some time, they were easily the best Gurkha I have ever had and very cheap. Tasty box-pressed and with a fruit-like sweetness on the finish.
    youngryan216:
    I bought a 5er of Gurkha Class Regent and put them down for a nice rest a while back. After some time, they were easily the best Gurkha I have ever had and very cheap. Tasty box-pressed and with a fruit-like sweetness on the finish.

Think I got one of them, good to know
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Gurkhas got some darn good stuff in my book. But you won't get them online got to head to the B&M.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Dark Roast:
    I like CCom but they are just a business and like dealing with any business its buyer beware. I am sure there are good Gurkha cigars out there but it is doubtful you will find them for sale on this site. Seems like they have dumped a ton of shiiit product here and the unsuspecting individual gets it up the assss! I too bought some a while ago and ended up throwing them in the trash. Live and learn.
    Live and learn. Yes. I have learned to approach Gurkhas with caution. I have also learned that ccom is REALLY good at customer satisfaction. If you buy any cigars from ccom that you end up hating, don't throw 'em in the trash and feel like you got screwed. Call 'em up. Tell them the cigars really sucked. Give them a chance to make it right. I'm sure they don't want you to feel like you got screwed.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I enjoy them at 3 bucks or less. Most of the Gurks I have, have been sitting at 65 rh for 3 years.....no kaboom
    Vision:
    I enjoy them at 3 bucks or less. Most of the Gurks I have, have been sitting at 65 rh for 3 years.....no kaboom

I was wondering if a good sit would lessen the kaboom, or general unraveling issues...or make then worse?
    Just a noobs wonderings