Home General Discussion

Ever had one of those days...

EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
I have a nice table top lighter (thanks Vinny), a couple of nice pocket lighters, and a half dozen cheap freebie lighters and every damn one of them is out of fuel. Every damn one....

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Yes that is one crappy situation!! Empty feeling for sure.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    matkn293:
    Yes that is one crappy situation!! Empty feeling for sure.
    lol! But that sucks, Eric.
  • aschwendt13aschwendt13 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    If ya dont have any backup matches you could always grab a bic...soft flame, but it is butane
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Once. Then I bought 8 cans of butane.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    I have three lighters and they always seem to be out at the same time.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    aschwendt13:
    If ya dont have any backup matches you could always grab a bic...soft flame, but it is butane
    So is the torch-butane.

I'll top you one. Same happened to me (minus the tabletop), but I'd left my matches out and they got wet. Grrr. Argh.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Martel:
    aschwendt13:
    So is the torch-butane.

I'll top you one. Same happened to me (minus the tabletop), but I'd left my matches out and they got wet. Grrr. Argh.
    That's funny and actually made me feel better :-)
    Echambers:
    Martel:
    aschwendt13:
    So is the torch-butane.

That's funny and actually made me feel better :-)
    Glad I could help. I had to go find a candle lighter my wife used. She liked the idea so much that she started using it for her infused cigars. Last night, temps hit 65, so we went outside after I got off work. Of course, it was raining and she'd left IT outside and had to borrow my torch.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Yep.. Luckily I have matches all over the place so I'm never with out fire.
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Hasn't happened to me yet with cigars, but when I smoked cigarettes I'd go from having 20 lighters to not being able to find a single one the next day. Many a stove top light back in those days. And I had an electric stove :)
    In reply to martel, the butane was my point there....bics a cheap, redily availible, reliable, and use the same flavorless feul as you would use in a torch
  • benhanksbenhanks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 323
    HAHA, I had this day a week ago. We recently moved, everything was going well and then I smoked a cigar with a friend. That night we ran out of fuel in every lighter (including my new Oliva, thanks to my Secret Santa). The next time I went to smoke I had three lighters that I couldn't use and my butane is nowhere to be found!! Luckily I had a mini bic that was able to get the job done.
    Next question...where did I put that box? :)
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Got wood and a torch or even the BBQ? Got a bunch of BBQ lighters. Stove, mines glass top wouldn't work. Closest neighbor, hey can I borrow a light?
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    Sorry, no, I always have a BIC on me. 60% of the time it works every time!
    aschwendt13:
    In reply to martel, the butane was my point there....bics a cheap, redily availible, reliable, and use the same flavorless feul as you would use in a torch

Cool. Read the "but" as saying you thought it was contrary to what came before it.
    Yeah, butane even though its soft flame. I think alot of people dont realise that. Sorry if yall already were in the loop on that one
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    That's why God invented matches I suppose