Home Non Cigar Related

Wii U...and Old ladies playing Call of Duty :)

Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
Thoughts on the Wii U? We have Xboxes (360 and One). On them I really only play Call of Duty. Don't worry, I've already told the husband that our next hobby is going to be knitting or something feminine! We also got my mom hooked on CoD, which is hilarious because she's a 62 year old retiree. Anyway back on topic, thinking of getting a Wii U because I've always liked the Nintendo games (Mario and Zelda mostly). What does the handheld console actually do? If I put it in the playroom and I want to play Mario, can I play it on that?

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I like the Wii U a lot, but I'm a recreational and retro player, I don't get into the first-person shooters at all. I tried Assassin's Creed and was bored to death quickly. The only thing I miss on Wii U is fighters like Mortal Kombat. But what's there is really good, between Wii and Wii U there are 4 mario games and 3 zeldas with another coming, a couple Mario Karts, and one Mario Party with another on the way. With the exception of the Wii U Mario Party I've thought all those games were stellar additions to their respective franchises and have had lots of fun playing them. I'm dying waiting for the new Zelda for Wii U, it looks flat out incredible. On top of all that, it's a retro-gaming dream. You can download old titles from a variety of consoles, not just Nintendo ones. As for what the handheld does, it sometimes adds features to games (like in mario you can blow on it to activate platforms, tap it to activate other platforms, etc.) but you can also use it as a handheld. The only issue is it needs to be in range of the console and I don't think the range is very far. I've definitely played NES Punch Out while my wife watched TV though. :D
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Thank you for the info Ken, very helpful!! I think I may go for it. My little guy is a bit of a Micky Mouse Clubhouse addict so while he's watching that, Mommy can play on the handheld :) Plus, I think he'll like watching Mario ;)

Punch Out, that's great!! At one point on my Xbox, I downloaded a bunch of Atari games. I played River Raid and Pitfall quite a bit. I never would've though that I would get into a first person shooter game either. I agreed to give it a shot and was terrible at it at first, but I eventually got ok. I'm still pretty bad, but I have fun. I just can't find any other game on the Xbox that I like as much as the Nintendo franchise. The LEGO games are too boring, the other adult games are too complicated. I am seriously terrible at GTA, though that one I'll play once in a while.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Edna20:
    Thoughts on the Wii U? We have Xboxes (360 and One). On them I really only play Call of Duty. Don't worry, I've already told the husband that our next hobby is going to be knitting or something feminine! We also got my mom hooked on CoD, which is hilarious because she's a 62 year old retiree. Anyway back on topic, thinking of getting a Wii U because I've always liked the Nintendo games (Mario and Zelda mostly). What does the handheld console actually do? If I put it in the playroom and I want to play Mario, can I play it on that?

Did you just say that YOU (and YOUR MOM) play Call of Duty, you HEED THE CALL?
    So, so awesome, just awesome :)
    Not a big WI guy myself, but I think you can rock just about any nintendo from it?
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    I'll never buy another Nintendo product after the Wii. Nintendo produces some great first party games but third party support sucks. Also, you can find and play any older Nintendo game for free. I wouldn't shell out 10 bucks for an retro game.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    SM0K3Y:
    Edna20:

Not a big WI guy myself, but I think you can rock just about any nintendo from it?
    I bet she does 360 no scopes all day erry day
    danielzreyes:
    SM0K3Y:
    Edna20:

Yup, me and my Moms :) She's seriously worse than I am with how much she plays. And she just retired the week before last, so I can only imagine how bad it's been lately. Everyone in my house has been sick so I haven't had a chance to get on in a few days and see how much she's been playing.

360 no scopes? Is that where I hover in a corner and unload my entire mag hitting the opponent with 1 less bullet than I need to kill him before dying? Yes, I do that ALL DAY LONG!!!
    Edna20:
    danielzreyes:
    SM0K3Y:
    Edna20:

Yup, me and my Moms :) She's seriously worse than I am with how much she plays. And she just retired the week before last, so I can only imagine how bad it's been lately. Everyone in my house has been sick so I haven't had a chance to get on in a few days and see how much she's been playing.

360 no scopes? Is that where I hover in a corner and unload my entire mag hitting the opponent with 1 less bullet than I need to kill him before dying? Yes, I do that ALL DAY LONG!!!

You and Dzr are crackin me up lol!
    So you smoke cigars and play call of duty? True greatness and moms busting caps and head shots is so much win, only bad part is the xbox, cuz I'd roll squad with yall any day! :)
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    HOW????!!!!! I don't even see the dudes he shooting in the damn video. Ugh, I hate people like this. What's funny is when I first starting playing, I couldn't use the sights so I only shot from the hip. And I got pretty good at it. But was determined to learn how to ADS. So I made myself do it. Now it's like a reflex to do it and I know I shouldn't sometimes. I also will keep the gun up, making myself very slow to move, as I try to shoot a moving target. I hate myself sometimes ;)

Yes Smok3y, I was reviewing my hobbies the other day...Call of Duty, Cigars, Golf, Guns (though that's sort of minimal due to time), and whiskey. Hence why we are taking up knitting next! Time for the hubby to take one for the team.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    hahaha this thread is 5-star worthy. keep being awesome y'all, seriously. you're crackin me up over here.

i'm just picturing some whiny little 10 year old (had some neighbors with kids like this a couple houses ago) on COD gettin' lit up by Edna and her mom....sooo awesome.

Edna20:
    HOW????!!!!! I don't even see the dudes he shooting in the damn video. Ugh, I hate people like this. What's funny is when I first starting playing, I couldn't use the sights so I only shot from the hip. And I got pretty good at it. But was determined to learn how to ADS. So I made myself do it. Now it's like a reflex to do it and I know I shouldn't sometimes. I also will keep the gun up, making myself very slow to move, as I try to shoot a moving target. I hate myself sometimes ;)

Yes Smok3y, I was reviewing my hobbies the other day...Call of Duty, Cigars, Golf, Guns (though that's sort of minimal due to time), and whiskey. Hence why we are taking up knitting next! Time for the hubby to take one for the team.

Mam, I cannot argue in your husbands defense, but I can ask for leniency.....knitting?!?!?! How bout gardening, or antique ing! Well, at least with knitting he'll be inside the house ;)
    jgibv:
    hahaha this thread is 5-star worthy. keep being awesome y'all, seriously. you're crackin me up over here.

i'm just picturing some whiny little 10 year old (had some neighbors with kids like this a couple houses ago) on COD gettin' lit up by Edna and her mom....sooo awesome.

Updated the subject line to appropriately fit the thread ;)

OMG, I hate those little f*ing f*ers. Their language is so bad. They sit there and trash talk and then cry when they get killed. If I know one of them is a kid, I'll do nothing but look for them the whole match ;) Normally though we have a party setup so we only hear each other. And we can only let each other hear us because my Mom's language is worse than the 10 year olds. She only uses one word when we play - f*.

Smok3y, I'm making him take the garden out of the backyard. The house we bought had a big garden (fenced and netted to keep the deer and critters out), it's nice, but they put it right in the middle of the yard. Maybe it's the best place for sunlight, but I hate it. We tried to grow stuff last year, but we don't have time to manage it well and I don't know what to do with the stuff we get out of it anyway, so we're getting rid of it this year. We'll go back to gardening when we're actually home on the weekends when we're 80.

In closing...
    Reasons for Death in CoD