Home Non Cigar Related

Weird things in your coffee? (The not so "black coffee" drinkers thread)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
I have a regular drink that I order at my local coffee stand. I love it! I am very picky when it comes to food and drinks. So when I find something I like it becomes my regular order. I was thinking I would change it up on them and try something new... I didn't today though cause I got the idea after I got to work.... My go to drink Is a blended Mudslide (all sorts of chocolaty rich heavy coffee goodness.) and I add caramel. Which makes it super good... BUT I though... I like thicker drinks and heavy flavor profiles... Why not have them blend Peanut Butter with it? Adds flavor, thickens the drink and adds a bit od protein... Sounds like it could work! :) What odd things do you like in your coffee? Whats your go-to order?

Comments

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Umm...Jameson?
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    Black, that is all.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 519
    Amos Umwhat:
    Umm...Jameson?

^^^^^this is the only thing I put in my coffee sides, cream and sugar, BUT I just had an idea, what about instead of a root beer float, a vanilla ice cream and coffee float WITH Jameson? Mmmmmm
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    SM0K3Y:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Umm...Jameson?

^^^^^this is the only thing I put in my coffee sides, cream and sugar, BUT I just had an idea, what about instead of a root beer float, a vanilla ice cream and coffee float WITH Jameson? Mmmmmm

Done that!!!! It is amazing! :) I messed around a lot with Irish Coffee recipes and the ice cream was one of the things I thought of. It was worth it! Only problem is it makes the coffee luke warm and cold quickly. But if that isn't a big deal for ya.... Then worry not. lol BUT you have to go with the double churned ice cream or something that is not low fat. The extra fat and cream in it makes it better.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    SM0K3Y:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Umm...Jameson?

an affogato?
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    jgibv:
    SM0K3Y:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Umm...Jameson?

an affogato?

Affogato Bout It. Now that would be a great name for a Sampler.
    jgibv:
    SM0K3Y:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Umm...Jameson?

an affogato?

Had no idea there was such a thing, shows you what i know
    Yeah I had to look it up. I thought I was getting trolled! but yes! that looks amazing! I want one right now.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    If I want a chocolate milk shake I will buy one.

I drink coffee because I like coffee, and anything but cream and sugar (or whiskey on special holidays) is telling me you really don't like coffee at all. So why don't you buy Breyers coffee ice cream or stop but a Baskin and Robins.
    jd50ae:

I drink coffee because I like coffee, and anything but cream and sugar (or whiskey on special holidays) is telling me you really don't like coffee at all. So why don't you buy Breyers coffee ice cream or stop but a Baskin and Robins.

Well sir... some of us don't have as refined of tastes as you.... ;)
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    jd50ae:

This, except I really prefer my coffee black. Cream at times, but sugar, absolutely never.
    jd50ae:

I used to think this way, but have found that most folks cant drink the strength that I do (full pot of coffe/4cups o water) i.e. truckdriver special, so I've come to decide to each his own, no judging here, either way. I routinely get yelled at at work when I whip up a "strong enough for a spoon to stand up in it batch" BUT I also put lots of sugar and a little cream in it too, so go figure.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Cream only except at Christmas I'll do a peppermint mocha or buy the Carnation Peppermint Mocha.... International Delight SUCKS!!!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    SM0K3Y:
    jgibv:
    SM0K3Y:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Umm...Jameson?

an affogato?

Had no idea there was such a thing, shows you what i know
  • CrouseferCrousefer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 352
    I tend to drink esspresso shots layered over cold whole milk with a touch of vanilla so I can just down it and go. That's a industry thing. On the regular I tend to either drink black coffee or a touch of cream added. If I'm getting fancy a flat white with a hint of vanilla. If I'm not working mostly black coffee though.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Just a small amount of Silk creamer and a dash of raw sugar in 16 oz of coffee. Sweetens up my morning cigar a bit.
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    I've heard of people putting butter in their coffee. It's supposed to be pretty good, and the fat from the butter is supposed to stave off hunger through the morning. I can't bring myself to do it.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    twistedstem:
    coffee add ins photo: coffee 1178381813Lp8ld9.jpg

Doesn't the lady bug dilute it?
    Edna20:
    I've heard of people putting butter in their coffee. It's supposed to be pretty good, and the fat from the butter is supposed to stave off hunger through the morning. I can't bring myself to do it.

THE RATIONALE: Better focus, fewer cravings, and improved metabolism, says Jeffrey Gladd, MD, an integrative doc who's lost 13 pounds of body fat (and his brain fog) since sipping. Concerned about the saturated fat? "Data from the past several years has largely vindicated it," says Gladd. "The bigger threats seem to be sugar and refined carbs." (Even so, those with acid reflux and high blood pressure should probably steer clear.)

THE RECIPE: Blend 1 c hot coffee with 1 Tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter and 1 Tbsp coconut oil for 10 seconds. Drink in place of breakfast.

Read the story here and a plausible (IMHO) debunking. .......http://gizmodo.com/bulletproof-coffee-debunking-the-hot-buttered-hype-1681321467.

Very interesting read.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    They don't mix well but they taste pretty good. image
    The shop near me makes Rolos mochas. They are tasty. :)
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Used to use Bailey's Irish Cream lots. Also Quincy Market Toasted Almond was good too but can't find it anymore. Peanut butter I put on my donuts.
    Todays coffee oddity... I got a brown sugar, cinnamon, banana and white chocolate latte. Quite tasty! Almost like drinking banana bread made with coffee in it.
    LiquidChaos66:
    Todays coffee oddity... I got a brown sugar, cinnamon, banana and white chocolate latte. Quite tasty! Almost like drinking banana bread made with coffee in it.
    That sounds pretty tasty actuly!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    One of my favorite things to put in my coffee are thosepeppermint sticks they sell during Christmas time.They are like a cross between candy canes and those after dinner mints.
    twistedstem:
    One of my favorite things to put in my coffee are thosepeppermint sticks they sell during Christmas time.They are like a cross between candy canes and those after dinner mints.

Yeah the holidays always move me over to peppermint in my drinks. :) If you figure out what those things you are talking about I would love to know! Im a simple guy when it comes to that stuff that I just grab a box of Bob's Candy Canes and call it good! lol
    twistedstem:
    One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is to make a cup of coffee, preferably one with chocolate hints, and put a little vanillia a little cream, cinnimun and to use those Pirouette sticks untill they melt. i love those chocolate waffer things man!